The Mistake | Teen Ink

The Mistake

October 12, 2009
By T-Rod33 BRONZE, Park City, Utah
T-Rod33 BRONZE, Park City, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was in Moab with my family for a vacation which is where I probably did the most embarrassing thing I have ever done! We just finished going to the Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. We were hiking back from the arch and middle way there my brother said he had to go the bathroom. So my brother Bryson and I were running to get down to the parking lot. With every step he made he had to go even more. While I was running I could taste the sweat that was pouring down my face from the burning heat. We finally made it down to the parking.

To find that there were no bathrooms. So waited and waited to us it seemed for hours because of the blinding Sun shining in our eyes. Finally we saw them and we hurried and got in our car to find the nearest bathroom. But there wasn’t one close by that we could see. So we kept driving and about time we found two port a potties.

So Bryson rushed in one of the port potties to go the bathroom. But it took him forever so my mom told me to check on him if he was all right. I was going to the port a potty to tell him to hurry up but I was taken back by how awful the smell was I thought I was going to pass out right there. But I held my breath and started to bang on the door but no one would answer so I started yelling and banging on the door telling him to hurry up.

But then I heard a man’s voice shouting told me to knock it off or he was going to get me. At that time I knew I was banging on the wrong stall. I started freaking out then I saw the knob turning so I ran as fast as I could and got into the car and just hid until I was sure I was safe. I was looking to see if he got out and the guy getting out of the bathroom was this huge guy. So I was relieved that I didn’t stay any longer