lOVE IS A TEST | Teen Ink

lOVE IS A TEST

By adalberto avila BRONZE, Austin, Texas
adalberto avila BRONZE, Austin, Texas

As my mom picked up the phone, I was playing playstation with my brother. At first I thought mom was laughing, but as the sound grew louder I realized that she was crying as if she was screaming for help. My brother and I ran quickly to see what was going on. I can still remember my moms first words when we entered the room. “mijo tu abuelita esta mala dicen que se va a murir”. I was in shock I didn’t no what to say, I stood froze. I couldn’t believe that my grandma was dying
My moms wailing and sobbings was like an alarm waking you up in a early Monday morning facing reality. Mom was crashed, my brother and I where her only”Consuelo”. I was only 11 yrs old at that time my brother was 21. My mom wanted to leave to mexico as quick as possible, she wouldn’t until we told her to.
Mom didn’t want to leave me behind, but she was force to I had to finish the school year. I had to be strong, I told her it was okay I was going to be fine with my brother. I didn’t mean a I said but for my mom I had to do it. She had enough problems in her head I didn’t want to be part of it.
Mom was ready to leave early the next morning. I wasn’t really happy about it, but I knew the circumstances. I gave my mom a good luck love you hug. I told her to be strong trying to be strong my self. Mom quickly noticed my watery eyes. “Mijo no llores, pronto voy a regresar y tu abuelita va estar bien”. I could see her face trying to hold her tears and not burst into crying.
As mom left into the plane I could fell a part of me missing already. I had never stayed away from mom so long. 3 months for me where like eternity. Like any regular 11yr old boy I would stay over my cousins house a night or 2 but I knew that when I came back my mom was going to be their. I tried doing that twice but every time it would fail I had to face it mom wasn’t coming back any time soon.
I had to men up and except that mom was going to come back until grandma was better. I had to be realistic I had to except abuleita needed mom more then I did at the moment. I could say it was a terrible experience, but mom did it for the best. It could have been her last time seen her mom. I couldn’t imagine myself being in her shoes. I didn’t even want to think about it. That’s another reason I had to understand my mom.
Out of all this I took something with me. I had to be strong for my love ones, and realize love is not only physically but also mentally. God sometimes puts you in test with out even realize it. Its up to you if you pass it or you fail it. Only your heart can decide.

headinclouds BRONZE, Miami, Florida

"We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walk"

A few grammatical errors but great writing and I love how it shows a true meaning unlike a lot of popular things people read today. Good job!

KyndrahAsia said...
KyndrahAsia, Houston, Texas

"Every girl is entitled to a secret"

A touching story, it shows that your a strong individual.