Can Anyone Relate?

This depression wants to consume me and sometimes I think it has. The sun I feel is hidden under a mound of clouds along with my heart. My family misses who I've always been, the love of my life falls apart at the sound of my lonely and strangered voice. This may be a time in my life where nothing feels as if hope is in the air, but I know that God is there. He is there everywhere I go and have been. He stands next to me as I put on my makeup in the morning, he has his arm around me as I cry the tears of fear. He seems to be nothing to some of the world, but he is my ultimate fighter, he is my angel, my guard that protects me at night. He is my hope for tonight, for the future to come. My father is my pillow I lean on, and I am his precious daughter. The girl who sins but he always forgives.

aphilly said...

I can completely relate to this. You did an excellent job and I love the way you put your words together

melancholymariposa said...
i was feeling the exact same way when i read this......

Godisgreat<3 replied...
thank you I am glad you like it!

bohokay said...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 7:51 am
I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with Situational Depression and Anxiety a couple months ago. No one really understands what its like to feel as if the world is falling down around you.

scarletP said...
i defiently relate to the first part, although i always have turned my back to god, i believed that if he had truly loved me or cared he wouldnt put me through such pain..

MangoMadness said...
Oct. 25, 2009 at 2:00 am
I can relate, except I screamed at god for doing this to me. I'm pretty much okay with him now, but I do still grouch at him like I would to my parents if I wasn't scared of them getting mad at me.

VampireDory16 said...
Oct. 23, 2009 at 9:49 am
I like it alot.

Flockm said...
I really enjoy this because how you said "But I know that God is here," because you where relating to your dad. Also I really like how you said, " He stands next to me as I put on my makeup in the morning," because even though he isn't there, he still is. Really great paper.

heartsday said...
Yea, I know people that came relate and write things just like this. It's a sensation across the nation.

FallenDarksideHuntress said...
Hey this is really good

jessi said...
wow. i love that! especially the part about relying on God and your dad, i can totally relate to that. nice writing!

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm pretty sure she meant God when she talked about her dad. I could be wrong though. Great poem.

Kaylee S. replied...
haha ya i did mean god=] and thank you very much

jessi replied...
OH! lol. still makes sense!! still lovin it! :D
ma bad!!