Can Anyone Relate? | Teen Ink

Can Anyone Relate?

By Godisgreat<3 BRONZE, Noblesville, Indiana
Godisgreat<3 BRONZE, Noblesville, Indiana

"Forever and ever babe"

This depression wants to consume me and sometimes I think it has. The sun I feel is hidden under a mound of clouds along with my heart. My family misses who I've always been, the love of my life falls apart at the sound of my lonely and strangered voice. This may be a time in my life where nothing feels as if hope is in the air, but I know that God is there. He is there everywhere I go and have been. He stands next to me as I put on my makeup in the morning, he has his arm around me as I cry the tears of fear. He seems to be nothing to some of the world, but he is my ultimate fighter, he is my angel, my guard that protects me at night. He is my hope for tonight, for the future to come. My father is my pillow I lean on, and I am his precious daughter. The girl who sins but he always forgives.

This piece comes straight from the heart. Depression is something I struggle with in the fall and usually this is when i write my best poems. This is exactly how I felt at 9:31 pm. tonight. No barriers, no shields just from the heart.

aphilly DIAMOND, St. Paul Park, Minnesota

"Have you ever once in your life reached out to touch infinity?" -Ellen Hopkins

I can completely relate to this. You did an excellent job and I love the way you put your words together

"Forever and ever babe"

thank you I am glad you like it!

melancholymariposa, San Antonio, Texas

"Don't let your character change color with your environment. Find out who you are and let it stay it's true color."
— Rachel Scott

i was feeling the exact same way when i read this......

on Dec. 8 2009 at 7:51 am
Make-Love-Not-War SILVER, Anson, Maine

"Tobbacco is my favorite vegetable" - Frank Zappa

I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with Situational Depression and Anxiety a couple months ago. No one really understands what its like to feel as if the world is falling down around you.

scarletP SILVER, East Lansing, Michigan

"A smart girl listens but doesn't believe, kisses but doesn't love and leaves before she is left."
-- Marilyn Monroe

i defiently relate to the first part, although i always have turned my back to god, i believed that if he had truly loved me or cared he wouldnt put me through such pain..

on Oct. 25 2009 at 2:00 am
nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

I can relate, except I screamed at god for doing this to me. I'm pretty much okay with him now, but I do still grouch at him like I would to my parents if I wasn't scared of them getting mad at me.

on Oct. 23 2009 at 9:49 am
VampireDory16 BRONZE, Jackson, Louisiana
1 article 1 photo 13 comments
I like it alot.

Flockm said...
I really enjoy this because how you said "But I know that God is here," because you where relating to your dad. Also I really like how you said, " He stands next to me as I put on my makeup in the morning," because even though he isn't there, he still is. Really great paper.

heartsday BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
Yea, I know people that came relate and write things just like this. It's a sensation across the nation.

FallenDarksideHuntress, Henrieville, Utah
Hey this is really good

jessi GOLD said...
jessi GOLD, Nunya, Florida

"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."

OH! lol. still makes sense!! still lovin it! :D

ma bad!!

"Forever and ever babe"

haha ya i did mean god=] and thank you very much

Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

I'm pretty sure she meant God when she talked about her dad. I could be wrong though. Great poem.

jessi GOLD said...
jessi GOLD, Nunya, Florida

wow. i love that! especially the part about relying on God and your dad, i can totally relate to that. nice writing!