Parent Identifying: What not to do. | Teen Ink

Parent Identifying: What not to do.

October 2, 2009
By Anonymous

One day I was around 7-8 years old and Brea, my dad, and I decided to go to Blockbuster. I love walking in and smelling that movie smell. We split up to go to look for our respective things. I remember running my hand along the cases trying to decide between a movie or a game. I looked into the mirror still trying to decide. I notice my dad, another guy, the guy behind the desk, and most of all my sister’s face. Right after I noticed how sick it looking she let it loose, puking everywhere. I instantly ran off to get dad. Remember the guy I mentioned earlier? Yeah well he looked pretty similar to my dad, especially from the back. I ran and grabbed is hand, yelling “Dad, dad, dad come quick” The guy turned around. It definitely not dad. I turned and ran. One of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me. We got the mess cleaned up and I went home feeling very, very stupid. It wont happen again trust me. But it wasn’t to be. The very next week we, as in my mom and I, were in the store getting groceries and I went off to get a loaf of bread, turned around walked up to “mom” and took her hand and gave her the bread. I looked closer. That isn’t mom I thought. That’s when mom called, “Chandler hurry with that bread.” I sped off not looking back. I need practice identifying my parents, I thought.