My life | Teen Ink

My life

By bbeltran BRONZE, Mosca, Colorado
bbeltran BRONZE, Mosca, Colorado

She was seventeen years old. If you had to describe the word simple with a person she would be your girl. She was liked amongst her peers, and did well in school. She was neither the Cheer Captain, nor the weirdo who sits in the corner and chews on her nails. She came from a pretty large family, and they seemed like the perfectly normal and average. With all these good effects around her, who knew that behind this outside look, inside was a completely different girl. How would I know so much about this girl? Well you can say that she and I were and still are very very close friends.
She felt like her whole world had fallen apart. She said it only took four minutes for everything to come down on her. Four minutes was all that it took for her to feel like her life was worth ending. She blamed her family for these long nights of pain that those four minutes brought upon her. She blamed herself. I couldn’t believe it, her family seemed so joyful and loving, how could they possibly do anything to make her feel this way? Little did I know that as nice as they seemed, they could also have another side to them.
She had a boyfriend her family absolutely didn’t except. As usual teenagers think they are in love, that they are invincible, so then we do anything just to keep ourselves happy not thinking of those people around us. That’s exactly what she did. She did everything just to not let her family win. On a particular night her family caught her hanging out with her boyfriend. She had disobeyed them. The next day her father calls her into his room. He asked her what she was doing with that boy. She was left speechless, the words trying to find a way out but they couldn’t. Those words, trapped inside like if a gate needed to be opened but she couldn’t undo the lock. Her father spoke instead, this time he only said the one thing no daughter would ever want to hear. He told her that she was an embarrassment to the family and she was no longer allowed to go out until he said it was ok. She walked out of his room in shame. All it took was two minutes to stab this burning knife into her heart. In two minutes, all she had worked for to make daddy proud was down the drain.

The next day her sister called to ask what happened. She didn’t reply because she was hurting deep down inside. She felt like a million needles were stabbing her through the heart, yet nobody could see or feel the pain she was in. Her mom had been sick, any bad news and her pressure would go sky high. So the news of her daughter disobeying them had not made her happy. She was upset with her daughter, but she kept silent. Her sister reminds her that their mom is very ill. She thought to herself that no words could be as painful as the words her father had told her the morning before. She was wrong once again. Her sister told her that she didn’t care for their mom, that if she did she wouldn’t be acting the way she did. That all she was doing was killing their mother. She hangs up the phone, two minutes were blinking on the screen. Another two minutes. She sunk deeper into the hole she was already in. Another two minutes that made her heart feel twice as heavy.

She stopped talking with me saying no more. No remarks just a simple tear falling down the side of her face and disappearing like a shooting star that only lasts a couple seconds, but those couple seconds mean more then words could explain. I see her now. I know the four minutes where her life seemed to fall apart did her no harm, but they did her good. Those four minutes that she was left speechless with pain engraving into her heart made her who she is and will be now and in the future. How would I know? She only told me her story with nothing else after. I know because this girl that took so much pain ,the one who let daddy down and only made her mom sicker was me.

HeavenCooley GOLD, Stillwater, Oklahoma
this is very good,

but i have to let you know

that dont let people bring you down

you got to be the star and shine bright

in the family even if they dont want you to

just be happy and dont let anyoone bump

you of your path!!! keep strong knowing that their wrong!! you are a very good writer and keep it up,

i would love too se more writings!!

Binte SILVER said...
on Oct. 14 2009 at 9:04 am
Binte SILVER, -, Other
This is really well written :)

aalleexxiiss(: BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana

"When life gives you 100 reasons to cry, give life 1000 reasons to smile."

aww, this was a really good storey (: i lovee the ending .

TigerLynn GOLD said...
TigerLynn GOLD, Maysville, Kentucky

"She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
--Byron

i like this. I'm sorry. I hope something makes you happy. If you really do love that boy, you should stay with him.

JenniferB. SILVER, Harvey, Louisiana
This was really good, thanks for telling this story

Sierra_-_- said...
on Oct. 9 2009 at 9:39 am
I think that the article is very helpful but I think there should be a little more detail but not to much. For example, what happened in those 4 minuets that made her so unhappy?