The Shower Zombie | Teen Ink

The Shower Zombie

Have you ever been scared to a point where you completely lost control of your body and you do something you didn’t mean to do? Like one of those moments when you go back to it in your mind and say what happened?

It all started out like a normal day, I went to school and came back and around 7:30 I got ready to take a shower. Now let me tell you I have a habit of singing in the shower. So I turn on the water and get in and I feel the steam on my face and see it clouding up the mirror. Well my brother is outside listening to me and I have no idea he was there. So I start singing Michael Jackson’s Thriller in the shower and I can smell the sweet soap while my brother hears me singing Thriller so he decides to scare me. He goes upstairs and grabs his old Halloween costume, which of course, was a Zombie. He puts on the costume and waits outside the door. I finish my shower and wrap myself in a towel still singing Thriller. I walk out and close the door behind me and I see this black and hairy figure jump out of nowhere and guess what happened, I turn around and run right into the closed door falling over onto the floor. I was freaked out and the thing that had just scared me runs away so I didn’t figure out it was my brother until a while later.

So think about it. Have you ever had a moment like that before? Or maybe you’ll have one in the future? But that was my most embarrassing moment.

This was an embarrassing speech i had to do and i ended up presenting it to the whole class wich was even more embarrassing.

on Dec. 18 2015 at 10:05 am
ColdplayForever BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay, then you're obviously very intelligent, good-looking, and all-around brilliant."
~Chris Martin

I definitely understand what happened, because something very similar happened to me. On a school overnight trip, we went to a place where I am not disclosing the name of. There, we went in a maze. It was an indoor maze, and it was dark, small, had strobe lights, and the worst part was that it was covered in mirrors. When I went in the maze, I was terrified. My friend found me in shock, she said. I wasn't moving. When I went in for the second time because my other friend begged me to come with her, one of my other friends jumped out from behind a mirror, and he scared me more than I already was scared. I fell to my knees, started crying, and wouldn't get up for the next 5 minutes. He apologized afterwards when he saw that he really scared me, but I still had nightmares consistently for the next 3 months. I usually woke up and hid. Your story was very well written. : )

on Oct. 4 2009 at 3:22 am
ElizNieves PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois

"It's funny. Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." The Catcher in the Rye

Very funny! Michael Jackson shall rest in peace.....