Success | Teen Ink

Success

By musicnerd96 BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
musicnerd96 BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

What is this? Why must this be? As my grades drop, and procrastination soars, I feel as if the ground is being pulled from beneath my feet. I love to sing, I was admitted to one of the most prestigious performing arts schools in the world, and what did I do? I turned it down to stay one more year in little Marietta, Ga to be with my friends.

Well, not so good an idea. It's hard taking all honors and AP classes. Its hard balancing that with the mounds of extracurricular events that I do. Oh and also, let me tell you a bit about myself: I am the biggest procrastinator the world has ever seen(except for when it comes to doing something I actually WANT to do of course).

I walk to class Monday morning: 2nd period, and I'm already stressed. Guess whats stressing me out? You've got it! Not the AP Lang class that I have 1st period, but good ol' Honors Bio 101a. Kill me, please and thank you. It's not that its too hard, it's that stupid thing called procrastination.

I always pull my grades up by the end of the semester, but I'm still stressed out the whole time because of my state-of-the-art slacker skills.

Where is the motivation that I should have? Where is my self determination in school? Where is my self discipline?

Hiding deep inside, waiting to be pulled out by some wonderful person, is my success.