Visiting My Dad in Tucson | Teen Ink

Visiting My Dad in Tucson

By lazywriter BRONZE, Mill Valley, California
lazywriter BRONZE, Mill Valley, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

As I stepped out of the Tucson airport, I was enchanted by all the colors of the wildlife and the open skies. Though I had seen this landscape the last time I had visited my dad, I only had a vague memory it and then I looked around a new memory was made in my mind. Since I hadn’t seen my father in a while, just the thought of seeing him again was exhilarating.

The moment I turned the corner of the airport parking lot, there he was smiling at my brother and I with bright white teeth. We both ran to him with open arms and he gently embraced us both. As we stepped into our grandmothers convertible mustang our dad squeezed our large suitcases into the small trunk. When he got in the car said that he could barley get my bag into the trunk because it was so big. Obviously I had over packed. As we waited in the car for half an hour as we drove to the house, the car seemed to get smaller and smaller. A t our destination I was happy to be out in the open air. From the moment we arrived in Arizona time started to fly by. It felt as if we were there two days instead of a whole week. There was Easter basket making, going to the air museum, movies, and all of the cousins. There were about fifty relatives down there. Suddenly without warning the day came when it was time to leave and as we boarded the plane I was sad to be leaving but happy to be going home and as my dad turned the corner to leave, a single tear rolled down my cheek.

on Sep. 26 2009 at 3:26 pm
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
thanks i appiciate it

on Sep. 21 2009 at 1:16 am
SILLYKITTY BRONZE, Kjn, Other
This is a nice little story. I connected with it, anyway. Thanks for sharing!