I Tripped

So there’s this unfortunate thing that happens to me. When I’m walking, I never walk a straight line. I just can’t do it, there’s no need for me to. And besides, straight lines are grotesquely boring. So I’ll stray off of the main pathway, something I’ve gotten good at. Maybe some people will get mad at me and tell me to get back on it. And I will, for a little while. But I won’t ever stay on it. Like I said, too boring. But then there are people like you. I’ll be walking fine, but then I’ll step off the path and trip. I tend to trip a lot. But usually, after tripping so many times, I can catch myself, regain my balance, and continue walking in whatever direction I had initially intended to go in. But every once in awhile, when things change, I’ll trip badly. And then I’ll fall. I’ll fall absurdly hard. And sometimes when I fall it’s really hard for me to figure out how to get back up and keep walking.

I fell… for you.
And I have no intention of getting back up.

writer3499 said...
Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:55 am
Wow this is short and sweet! I loved the end as well as the whole thing! Amazing

Regia said...
Mar. 14, 2012 at 10:41 am
Wow! Great job writing this! So sweet and funny and well-written. Thank you for writing this. :)

Mislead said...
this is so cool. And true at the same time. adore it!!

AprilBlue said...
Aha wow. I do this too, you sound ALOT like me... love your work :)

notebookgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is really funny and i can kind of picute the kind of guy in this poem. good job

Peanut:) said...
INSANE. I love it so much! Keep doing whatever you are doing, ahhh! I just want to read it over and over again!

EmmaXoxo<3 said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 10:10 am
I LOVED THIS. I feel the exact same way about some guy too, but I am not sure he feels the same way. He might, but I am confused.
Keep up the good work!!!!!

aspiring.author.09 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I too have written something similar to this...but the person it's about it too much of a jerk to read my real feelings. Great piece, keep it up!