Blossom | Teen Ink

Blossom

By 5topp BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5topp BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

“Hi, I am Chloe”

The first thing I say to someone when I meet them is my name, it represents me in that moment, and I am proud to be Chloe. Chloe: “blooming.” Derived from the Greek name Khlóros meaning “greenish-yellow color.” A name representing the season of spring. Spring is a symbol of joy and being full of life: two things I pride myself on. I love my name.

Chloe. Chlo. Chlo-bug. Nicknames are something given to us by our friends and family, a sign of closeness and love. Chlo is my favorite, a nickname given to me since birth and used by my closest friends to this day. Chlo-bug, a name that only my mom and my little brother use. I love my name. 

“Chloe, please come up here.” Hearing my name called up to the stage to receive my softball awards brings me happiness and joy. My name glides on his tongue and it feels right to be receiving these awards. I am proud to be Chloe as I make my way to the stage with a smile on my face. I know that going through life, I will go through many drastic changes, but my name will stay the same. For as long as I have my name, I will be myself. 

This piece means a lot to me because it is about my name and who I am.