Exploring The World of Restaurants: Bob's Big Boys | Teen Ink

Exploring The World of Restaurants: Bob's Big Boys

Bob’s Big Boy is a restaurant that was wonderfully built-in 1949 by Scott MacDonald and Ward Albert. It is the oldest remaining Bob’s big boy in America. The original name of this diner was “The Pantry” in 1936 which was then later changed to “Bob’s Pantry.” Eventually, a chubby 6-year-old boy named Richard Woodruff was doing odd jobs. In addition, Bob Wian called out “Hey, Big Boy” and the name Bob’s Big Boy was born. The Diner originally included a drive-in feature as well as a sit-down style with bright vibrant colors. The diner continued to exist with drive-in features with horizontal lines around the structure. Wayne McAllister the architect, included traditional designs from the 1940’s and still has similar features with booths on the lineside of windows. The Beatles dined at Burbank Bob’s Big Boy in 1965. Because of this, many customers like to request “The Beatles Booth” Customers around the world have waited hours to sit in this booth which explains some of its popularity. Going into the Restaurant there was a merch with collectibles items that customers were open to buy. The staff gave a warm welcome to all customers with smiles and seated every individual quickly and pleasantly. The “All American Burger” and the “Classic Cobb Salad” are two of many options on the menu. The “All American Burger” had American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red relish, mayo, and red onions. The food tasted amazing with the food being hot and ready out the kitchen with flavors melting into each other. The “Classic Cobb Salad” was fresh with mixed greens, a traditional topping of bacon, a hard-boiled egg, bleu cheese, tomato, turkey, avocado, and homemade ranch on the side. All the flavors went together perfectly with well-seasoned fries and a chocolate shake. The chocolate shake was sweet and took me back to my childhood memories with joy and excitement. A Shirley Temple is also one of the many drink options made with ginger ale, a splash of grenadine, and topped with a cherry. A Shirley Temple drink is sweet but also balanced with acidity and is brightly colored with red at the bottom. In conclusion, Bob’s Big Boys would be recommended to teens and adults so they can experience a taste of the 1940’s. Bob's Big Boy was an amazing experience to share with loved ones who enjoy trying new places but still simple and easy to enjoy.

:)