I love you, Me | Teen Ink

I love you, Me

January 17, 2024
By 1chickenwang1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1chickenwang1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Dwayne,


You know what I love most about you? 

I love that you're a goofy, immature kid. I love who you are. I’m still you, and you are the most important part of me. Don’t worry about growing up. Cherish your time while you’re still truly young. Stay who you are. I know you have a lot of questions. It’s good to not know about some things. Everything you ask will eventually be answered so don’t worry too much about the answers now. Seventeen year old you is still learning. Keep learning. Learning is the most wonderful gift better than a winning lottery ticket better than any birthday or Christmas gift. Learn who you are.  Treat everything as a learning opportunity. Appreciate everything and be grateful. Mom and Dad do so much for our family. Understand that they are harsh because they care, because they truly love us, because they want the best for us. The love may not be that direct but they sacrifice so much for us so be grateful for even the little things. Also, try to enjoy learning Chinese, it will pay off in the future. You will start to realize the importance of discovering your roots and to most of all be proud of your identity. You still have many opportunities to create, learn, and experience so don’t worry about making mistakes. At the end of the day, stay true to yourself: Be You as they say. You are so special. Be kind to you. When you’re older, you will experience many highs and lows but the lows are what makes the highs worth it. There is meaning in the lows. Suffering is a part of life and you will only come out stronger. And also, don’t worry too much about girls, you’ll figure it out just like with everything else. 


Keep walking and good luck!

Your number one supporter, 

Dwayne


The author's comments:

I am still goofy.