My Cozy Room | Teen Ink

My Cozy Room

Freshman Year: Moving. Moving sucks in general. Not only the memories are going to be gone but moving all of our garbage out of the house. My room, gone. My memories within my room, gone. Memories are like tasting, smelling, or seeing something familiar and you just picture it with something familiar. It takes weeks, if not months. And even when your buyer says they need you out of the house within two weeks, it's bad. But the good part is the new house. Especially when you tell your parents not to show you pictures of it or anything, until we officially move out. When I see the house for the first time, I am amazed. I went straight to where my mom told me my room was. My own bathroom?! I’m loving it. 

Sophomore Year: Perfection. Noun. The condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects. If I had to describe my room in one word, it would be perfection. As you open your fridge, and you see exactly what you want, perfection. As you have your first perfect day within a long time, it feels like perfection. My room, fully decorated, and 100% private. As I wake up every morning in the summer, I sit up, open my blinds, and see the sun shining down on the gorgeous lake like a mirror. Beautiful. I walk 10 steps into my closet where I can wear whatever the morning is feeling. As I am ready to leave for school, I look back at my room thinking, I can just skip school and fall asleep for another 4 hours. 

Junior Year: School is starting to suck. So much homework and I am just overwhelmed. Straight after school I turn all of my bedroom lights off and snooze until dinner. After dinner I go back to my room and sit at my desk for two hours doing homework. My room is where I live. I eat, sleep, and work in the same room. It never gets old. During the last 5 periods of school, the only thing I can think about is going back to my room, and just laying down and lounging.

Senior Year: The love for my room keeps growing and growing. My room has everything I need. Television for when I get distracted away from my homework. A bed for when I am too bored of my homework. I window showing the lake for when I need motivation to do something after my homework. It is an all-in-one inclusive, I love it. My room could not be any more perfect than it is right now.