My Healing Journey through Meditation and Yoga | Teen Ink

My Healing Journey through Meditation and Yoga MAG

By kousei GOLD, Mymensingh, Other
kousei GOLD, Mymensingh, Other

"Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable."

"Meditation means the mind is turned back upon itself. The mind stops all the thought waves, and the world stops. Your consciousness expands. Every time you meditate, you will keep growing". -Swami Vivekananda

For a long time, people have acknowledged the benefits of yoga and meditation for achieving inner peace and self-awareness. Yoga integrates physical postures, breathing control, and meditation, which ensures balance between body and spirit. Meditation trains our mind to concentrate and reroute our thoughts. My life has been dramatically changed by my personal journey to perfect these age-old practices. Besides, it has
allowed me to delve into the practice of mindfulness and have a lovely sense of serenity. I was inspired to do yoga and meditation by observing Swami Vivekananda’s mastery of concentration and mental focus. I looked for a method to get away from the melancholy and distractions of my life. I wanted to find a way to deal with the pressures and difficulties that engulfed me. I knew little about how this journey would not only tackle the situation, but also become a path of self-discovery and growth.

I surfed a variety of sources, including online videos and the books of the sages of the Vedanta Society, to pursue my quest. I began to comprehend the principles of each practice by getting instructions on various meditation and yoga postures. I discovered that yoga helps to improve physical strength, flexibility, and balance. Meditation creates a quiet and focused mind. The combination of these techniques provided a complete method for nourishing the body and mind. As I went further into my practice, I realized that meditation and yoga were more than just physical activities or techniques for achieving calmness; they were profound practices that required commitment, endurance, and introspection. The true essence of these practices lies in embracing the present moment, observing thoughts and sensations without judgment, and cultivating self-compassion. The most life-changing insight of my journey was to realize that yoga and meditation were not merely limited to a certain time or location. I started practicing mindfulness and incorporating yoga and meditation into my daily relationships, work, and routines. Even in the midst of the most hectic situations, I found that a few minutes of concentrated breathing or a thoughtful walk in nature could greatly quiet and clear my mind.

Over time, my practice became a safe haven where I could get rid of stress or uncertainty. I discovered how to use my breath as an anchor to help me remain in
the moment and handle tough situations with calm and poise. Yoga’s physical component strengthened my body, which also increased my flexibility and all-around well-being. I started trying different meditation techniques and yoga styles and soon realized that everyone’s journey is unique. There is no specific technique that fits every approach to yoga. All postures are not suitable for everyone.

When I reflect on my experience, I see that mastering yoga and meditation is a lifelong endeavor. With a new view to practicing yoga and meditation, I made a continuous effort to follow Swami Vivekananda’s directions. I feel that savasana, padmasana, kumbhakasana, dhanurasana, and other poses improved my flexibility, metabolism, and overall athletic performance. It was difficult to keep up with it at first because it required regularity, but I continued doing this delightful thing. I believe it is a ceaseless process of self-discovery and self-growth, and my physical and emotional health have really benefited from the advantages I’ve noticed.

I’ll conclude by adding that learning to meditate and practice yoga has been a transformative and enlightening experience for me. It has directed me to understand the significance of introspection and the effectiveness of inner tranquility more vividly. Through consistent practice and devotion, I’ve understood the substantial benefits of meditation and yoga regarding one’s physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. I’m excited to go even further into these centuries-old traditions and deepen my connections to the outside world. Naturally, this voyage also greatly facilitated my profound assimilation of Swami Vivekananda’s insights, enabling me to use his ideas about using positive influences to change the course of human history.