The Unreliable Father | Teen Ink

The Unreliable Father

By brionnibasil03 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
brionnibasil03 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Journal Entry #3

Lately, my father’s efforts to be a father have been a bit shaky. My father is truth-challenged, but see that could not be me. My mother always says that I’m my father's child, yet I always seem to excel more and better. See me personally, I could not follow in his ways. I could not do the enhanced interrogation or life with the collateral damage of being someone who's unliked by many. I always think about his alternative facts, and they always seem to be so compelling. His “good efforts,” are never too keen, yet the person of interest still tries, but not in a good dad kind of way. His parenting includes the following: bribes, bribes, and bribes. He’s just a sperm donor, not an authority figure. Instead of having a conversation with me about why I'm mad, he just gives me a vacation or maybe a gift in hopes that all her anger would just fade away.  He claims that because he’s paying child support he’s only 75% responsible for me. Who says that? How do you have a child and think that child support is enough to support her?

This piece is a journal entry written about a certain situation in my life. To construct this entry I used double-speak to make my writing more efficient.