Field Trip to Abandoned Mountains | Teen Ink

Field Trip to Abandoned Mountains

November 12, 2021
By Petike BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Petike BRONZE, Tirana, Other
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Game start the first set, AnimalCannon316 winner of the first leg, second on the way, GAAME ON


It is a cold; rainy day and our class had a field trip to one of the mostly rained upon places in Montenegro. It was a village from the 19th century, most of it was destroyed but some buildings still stand. The village had parts on the ground level, while a few buildings were on the mountain nearby. 
The bus ride wasn’t bad but since it was the morning everyone was quieter and sleepier. We had to take two buses because one bus was too small for the class. We went by the sea and by a bunch of mountains, so the road was not boring at all. On the way we ate some snacks and listened to music on one of the kids' speakers.  
In an hour we were already there. While we were on the bus it must have rained because the concrete, grass and everything was really wet. We first took pictures, walked around for a bit to stretch, and started walking. First, we walked on the road and soon found the little forest hole that we had to go in. Everyone was careful and slow. We got to the top in under an hour, even though it was supposed to be a 1.5-hour trip. Once we were up, we waited for people that got left behind. When they caught up, we started walking into the abandoned castle and the stall. Even though the weather was cloudy the view was still beautiful and was worth it.  
“Okay we are done exploring now go and grab something to eat or drink,” said a teacher.  
It was nearly 1 in the afternoon, and no one ate anything other than snacks, so no one was just standing around doing nothing. We were talking and eating casually. In 15-25 minutes most people were done with eating. It was time to do some sort of activity. The mountain had a plain straight top where we could run and not get hurt. The activities involved hiding and running. 
“Bro this is really boring let's just finish as fast as we can because I don’t want to do this all day,” I said. 
All four of my friends agreed, and we speedily ran through the whole course then after an hour we were done with all the activities.  
“Let's go to that little room we saw earlier while walking in the castle. There no one could see us, and we would not have to do any more activities. "Said one of my friends. 
My friend was in the front of the line, and I was second. My friend stepped on a wet rock and slipped. His legs hit mine while walking and it basically tripped me into my friend at the front of the line.  It was like dominoes falling. My friend was at the edge of a cliff or at the edge of a very steep hill. He tried to keep his balance but with the rocks being really wet all he could do was stall. 
 “no no NO NO” my friend shouts. 
I get up as quickly as I can and catch the collar of his sweatshirt and with all my power, I quickly yank the collar so that he falls backwards to safety. Every one of us just sits there completely shocked about what just happened. It took us a while to process this, and after we did, we just said nothing. 
“I think we should go back to the rest of the class.” I said 
Everyone nodded and we started walking back. When we got back, we had to wait 5 minutes and we were on our way back down from the mountain. We found our bus. Me and my friends calmed down while walking down the mountain. 
“I think I will get a really bad night’s sleep.” my friend said. 
Me and my friends agreed, and we all got onto the bus so that we could make our way back home.