Destiny | Teen Ink

Destiny

By ItsJoey SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
ItsJoey SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

I approach the end of high school and gain complete responsibility for my life. What is responsibility? Responsibility is about choice. We all are called to push boundaries; to see what choices are right for us. I am called to build a strong covenant and to be open and generous with all that I have given. 

To build a strong house that everyone can rely upon as I continued to realize what commitments I must forge and what evils to eliminate. I am not a coward. I have a backbone and never give in. I am not influenced by others. I pave the path and set the standard for how people should act. I am not weak. I put all my effort forward and learn to adapt to improve. I am not a victim, I accept the responsibility for my actions and to be proud of them always. I have an oath to the truth. The foundations of my covenant will be the truth. The truth is only known surrounded by falsehoods. I will distinguish the two by creating an unyielding backbone, by endlessly becoming a role-model, by accepting losses and continually trying for victories, and by taking responsibility for every aspect of my life. 

During college, I will be alone. I must therefore learn to be there for myself. To be my own source of right or wrong. To make choices that only I may correctly respond. To realize the potential of myself when I am released from the shackles of dependence. Where I am placed in a position where I must walk the lonesome road of responsibility and only towards the covenant I am called to create. During college, I am not alone. I will be with the truth. I will determine and narrow down on what my responsibilities are calling me to do, and nothing will be in vain. Through the truth, I will build my house and support others who are in desperate need. I will never be a coward. I will never be influenced. I will never be weak. I instead fill in that hole with the truth and accept my responsibility for what I am, and I am not alone.

It is my most personal piece I made yet.