Down My Path | Teen Ink

Down My Path

May 15, 2019
By AnthonyR BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
AnthonyR BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you aim at nothing you will hit it every time."


No mom, dads dead, a couple friends most fake, no love, everything is gone. Most kids seem to wake up everyday to a good morning from there biological mother or father and go to sleep with a goodnight but it’s not the same for this young man. This young man at the age of 12 lost his father to drugs. The battle with addiction in his life is terrible and he thinks about it everyday. His father Jeremy was his best friend they had the father son bond like no other. Not having his mom in his life with her walking away made his father and his connection something special to him. Everyday that goes by there is still part of him with his father and there’s something missing in him. A piece of his heart, a bond he will never be able to see again or be able to get back. His mother is alive but addicted to drugs. Yes he loves her yes he cares for her but he’s hurt from all the losses in the past. She would come an go when she wanted but he had to build a structure and hold his self up so his heart would crumble anymore. He has thoughts of her everyday just to be able to say hey mom I love you without the devil being attached to her. The past couple years she has been in an out of jail and it just doesn’t seem real. In his head he is thinking will she be here today, will she be here tomorrow, only person that knows is god. He had a big sister and brother that are amazing people. He talks to his sister everyday they have grown a special bond that means a lot. He has 3 nephews that are amazing. His brother has a baby that’s his niece but him an his brother aren’t very close but when they are together they laugh An joke like no other .One amazing thing is he recently was adopted by two ladies that he very much respects an loves dearly the love that they showed from the beginning is a blessing from god an he very much loves an cares for his little big brother. When you think of life most people think of the big things in life a big house, a strong family, no drugs, everything perfect but he doesn’t he never had that so he thinks a little less an just wants to be able to be happy not have to worry if the cops are going to take his family or his mother is going to be dead on the street. At the age of 13 Anthony had to grow up fast an become a man he never thought he would become. He didn’t get to have fun with kids much only sports the fun he did have was with his father an he misses it so much. One things he will always know is god gots him An will never let him go this is Anthony and going through life.


The author's comments:

God gots you through the struggle ❤️