Eyes | Teen Ink

Eyes

May 2, 2019
By softballplayer2 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
softballplayer2 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My family has blue eyes—my mom, my dad, and me—the kind of blue that sparkles in the sun and illuminates in the dark. They don’t have green or cool cyan tones of blue and they definitely aren't boring brown.

My sister on the other hand, has the most beautiful crystal blue eyes. The kind of blue that is everyone’s favorite color, like the light blue of the ocean as it crashes on the shore. The kind of blue that everyone wishes their eyes were that color, but instead they got dirt brown. The kind of blue that makes the one toned color of the sky look boring. My sister has eyes that are mix of all the prettiest tones of blue.

Yes, people tell me that I have pretty eyes, but not once have I gotten beautiful. My eyes aren’t mesmerizing like my sister's, they are just your average blue. Blue like the boring paint on my wall. Blue like the sky that’s about to start pouring rain. Blue like my parents eyes, the same shade, and the same shape(small, but not too small). My sister's eyes are like full pools of warm ocean water. The kind of eyes that you could stare into all day, like medusa.

She needs nothing else to gain attention from everyone she meets. Her eyes are what set her apart from the rest of my family. One could only dream of having eyes that beautiful.