THE COUPLE | Teen Ink

THE COUPLE

By DarkEstrella BRONZE, Mohammedia, Other
DarkEstrella BRONZE, Mohammedia, Other

The  sky  blackened  and  the stars  dazzled, and  I, 23  minutes  later  am  still 

watching  him  drown  in  his  serenity  and  peacefulness,  as  if  he  was  moved  back into 

a  completely  different  world; He  hardly  did  look  conscious  of  himself,  of the cramped 

atmosphere  he  was  integrated  into. Neither  could  his  hearing  detect  the  raucous  voice 

the  aged  lady,  heckling  the  young  delightful  servant  for  probably  having  mistaken 

her  order,  nor  could  his  sight  guide  him  to  catch  the  little  tortoisehell  fluffy  kitten 

that  had  erroneously  popped  in. Instead,  he  was  busy  gazing  at  an  old  posh  couple 

in  their  late  sixties, intimately  and  surreptitiously  rubbing  each  other's  feet, and 

whispering  to  each  other  while  holding  hands. This;  he  felt,  was  the  only  scenery  that

seemed  to  be  intriguing  among  everything  around. 

Indeed,  their  grace,  youthful spirits  and  spontaneous  behaviors  were  captivating;

However, I  would   have  probably  been  much  allured  by  their  style  especially, it  was 

of  a  fine  taste. I admit.

The  husband  was  a  dandy. His  silver  messy  hair  was  what  I  fancied  the  most. I

imagined  she  would  fondle  it  whenever  she  finds  the  opportunity  to do so, and his 

outfit, was  simply  what  a  wealthy  upper-class  man  would  choose  to look  like.  

The  lady's  appearance  was  even  swankier, and  unlike  her  lover's  hair,  what  stroke  me

the  most  was her  red  chinchilla  fur coat  and  diamond  drop  earrings.

I  wondered  what  brought  two well-off  people  like  them  to  such  an  ordinary  place !

After all, none  of  this  mattered  to  him, as  he  has always  found  connections  with 

peoples'  souls and  nothing  else.

Few minutes  after  the  deep admiration  he  felt  and  expressed  towards  the  couple, through 

his  glances, he took  out  a  pencil, a  small piece  of  paper, and started to portray  them

patiently.

Meanwhile, my  sensations, thoughts, consciousness were all  confined  within  him. I wished I

was  the music played  on  his  earphones, the  coffee  he  was sipping, the pencil  he was

holding, the chilly air-flow  he  was  enjoying, the  light  that  was shed  on him. Or simply, I 

WISHED I WAS THE COUPLE.