My Summer Adventure | Teen Ink

My Summer Adventure

By Yuno BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Yuno BRONZE, Tirana, Other

I peeked out the plane’s window and I thought to myself “I am going to have a lot of fun this summer.” Then I thought about the things that I had missed from my home city, Istanbul.  Unlike every other summer, this one was different because I met new people, did new things, found new places to go to, and of course ate a lot of everything that I ever liked and maybe this was the best part. The greatest challenge for me was to find something to do, so you can imagine how “busy” I was.

The plane landed in the Ataturk airport and my summer adventure begins right in that moment. Passing the security and collecting your luggage can be boring and take an extremely long time. After waiting 3 and a half hours in the airport, it was already very late so my mom, sister and I quickly went into our car and got home. The next morning, I knew that if I wasn’t going to do something, it was going to become boring so I just made a plan in my head like every other day. First, I ate some waffles that my cook had made, then just went to some shopping malls to see if anything was different. And YES! There was a big difference! They had opened Krispy Kreme to A Plus which is a shopping mall that is  five minutes drive from my house. Unluckily for me I had eaten so many waffles for breakfast that I couldn't eat a single doughnut. I spent the rest of the day at my grandma’s house. My evening was even more interesting than my day because I drove my grandmother’s car. Of course her driver was with me. My top speed was nearly 100 km per hour and I was about to crash into a tree but just turned right and saved myself, and at that moment the driver was so mad and shocked he just went out to take some fresh air. I was just laughing and pretty calm, but that didn't change the fact that it was very dangerous. I even have the video of this happening. Almost every other day was the same until the holiday that we had in Bodrum.

After spending about a month in Istanbul, we went to Bodrum. At first I wasn’t really excited about it, but after one night of sleep I got used to the hotel pretty quickly. In the first actual day of my holiday in Bodrum, I didn't really want to swim. But then I got into a competition with my dad and just jumped into the sea. It was unbelievably cold and I couldn't believe that I was going to get used to it. When I looked under me, I saw these little shark like fish trying to bite me. I really hated it and started swinging my feet back and forth to scare them away, and it actually worked, but this wasn’t the last time that I was going to see them. Now it was afternoon and I was starving so I quickly ran into the restaurant and ate a huge hamburger but at that moment I couldn't imagine that I was going to eat the same hamburger, at the same time, for 13 days. I also made new friends in Bodrum and one of them had a UTV racer which is like a motorcycle but with four wheels. We would go around the hotel with it. Almost every other day was the same until we returned back to Istanbul.

The moment we returned to Istanbul my daily routine had started again. I drove cars and slept at the late hours of the night and also watched youtube for the most of my day. I also started working on my lessons because school was going to start sooner than soon. My family and I spent our last weeks of the holiday in Bodrum again. But this time my grandparents and my uncle and aunt was with us too. My uncle and I spent most of the day helping for my grandfather since he is unfortunately not able walk by himself so we needed to hold his arm when he wanted to go somewhere in the villa. The best part of this holiday was when I saw two of the most  famous football players of Galatasaray, which in my opinion the best team in Turkey. Unfortunately I couldn't talk to them and the reason is that they were having family time so I didn't want to disturb and after that I missed the other opportunities. This summer was both long and short. Some of the days I didn't want to come to an end and some of the days I hoped to come to an end.

One of the good things about this summer was that I did all the things that I have ever wanted to do in a holiday. Such as spending a lot of family time, going to the places that I have missed and also finding new places to go. The main purpose of this summer was having fun, and spending time the way I want. The reason why I shaped my summer  this way is because the rest of the year my main purpose is learning new and to be able to continue to work efficiently I really needed to rest and have fun. Life is short, so when it is the right time for you to have fun just have fun, and when it is the time for you to work just do your best.