Stripped | Teen Ink

Stripped

By cady1128 BRONZE, Howell, Michigan
cady1128 BRONZE, Howell, Michigan

Camping is like a ritual to my family. Every summer, like clockwork, we travel up north through the perfectly planted forests and endless winding roads. This summer we visited a rural campsite in Brevort. One night, my dad and I ventured to the beach a few hours after sunset. What I witnessed there will forever hold a vivid memory in my mind. We made our way down the trail to the sandy beach and from that point on all that met my eyes was the natural, ravishing beauty of pure Michigan. As far as I could see, the inky black sky twinkling with countless tiny stars filled my retina. The rhythmic sound of the waves crashing against the shore met my ears with a sweet yet fierce rumble. I could feel the spray of Lake Michigan kiss my bare arms and then quickly dry from the mild breeze traveling past us. My nose was filled with the scent of pines and the fresh water surrounding me. At this moment, I forgot about all the material things in life. It felt like the waves were stripping me of all my problems, cleansing me of the stress and anxiety my mind was ridden with. With no troubles on my mind, I closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath of the clean air, I embraced the moment for as long as I possibly could.

I wrote this in the hopes that readers will take a break from social media once in a while and explore the beauty that surrounds us in nature. 

Ronilouise said...
Beautiful sentiment. Beautifully written. I felt like I was on the shores of Lake Michigan with Cady, sharing the moment