A Letter to You | Teen Ink

A Letter to You

By MrAlex BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan
MrAlex BRONZE, Lansing, Michigan

Dear Alex,

Hey there bro, it is me, yourself!  I am writing a letter to you in the hopes that you read this 10 months down the road to show how much you have grown, and how much you have changed.  You probably are not going to notice it as you are with yourself every day, but in essence, this letter will help you reflect on the past year and then you will see.

You currently have goals for yourself.  You want to join the military. You want to go to college and earn a degree so that when you enlist, you would enlist as an Officer.  You also have a Plan B. If the military does not pan out then you are toggling with the ideas of becoming a Police Officer or a Fireman to specifically be on a team that puts out wildfires.  These are awesome goals, for real. In order for you to achieve these goals you need to get your butt in gear.  You had great intentions at the start of this school year but you didn’t follow through so you are now struggling to catch up. Nevertheless, you got this dude. You are so smart and a great person. Everyone is telling you that they see the potential but it is only you that is holding yourself back from achieving such greatness. Only you can not see what you are truly capable of. So here is some advice. Stop being negative. Stop letting people around you let you feel like you are a loser or a failure. Prove them wrong because, do you know why? They are wrong!  Yes, you have several disabilities that affect you with organization and transitioning but you got this! Ten months from now, if you keep up the hard work, you can be where you should've been today. You can keep putting your feet forward and work toward the goals that you set for yourself. And who knows, maybe your career goals will change again. Honestly though, you will be great at whatever you set your heart and mind to. You would be great in the military, in the medical field, protecting and serving people in any career field.  Just dont forget to put YOU first! You are the only one that will be with you forever. Be the best you there can be. Stay on task; keep up with your grades and assignments. Stop procrastinating thinking there is always tomorrow because there isn't any guarantees of that.

I look forward to seeing you in 10 months. I look forward to seeing the man you will become. Take care of you, shine bright and stay gold!

Sincerely,

You