What I Overcame This Year | Teen Ink

What I Overcame This Year

January 2, 2018
By Anonymous

The most difficult thing that I did last school year was overcoming failing grades. In the beginning of the 2016-17 school year, I went to online school. I have never heard of online public schooling (where you don’t have to go to school normal school hours) before. When I was there, I was getting awesome grades. Then when my mother put in a transfer to Spring Hill, Tennessee, I went to a traditional school.

 

When I first got to my new school, the school had a lot of people in it. And the school was just opened 6 years ago. When I had first got there, it was pep rally day. They were big on sports. Their basketball team made the playoffs for the first time. From what I was told, it was one of the best schools in the nation. Since I was at online school for so long, it was a pain to go back to school for 8 hours I felt so tired, annoyed, and I felt like I wasn’t as smart as the other kids.

 

I was one of those kids that sat in the back and couldn’t answer questions as fast as the other kids. I felt not smart, belittled, and I just felt flat out dumb. I hated that we did not have the option of going to the teacher whenever you needed help with a question. I was one of those kids who hated raising their hand to ask questions so I just sat there and struggled with my homework when I got home. When I was at home, I figured I would teach myself on what I need to learn.   

 

Since I came in the middle of the school year, I was very far behind. I made a mistake of waiting until the end of the year to do my work and I barely passed. I learned that you can’t wait until the end of the school year to get caught up on work.