Turquoise | Teen Ink

Turquoise

By 20gloriaz BRONZE, Saratoga, California
20gloriaz BRONZE, Saratoga, California

Drenched in the icy ocean spray of the Pacific Ocean, my feet, chilled, sent shivers up my back. My toes, buried deep in the contrasting, warm, and golden sand, alerted my mind to relax; I am in the middle of a paradise. A sudden push from a current, hurled me into the depths of the water. Soaked from head to bottom, I smiled, feeling as though I could do anything. Salty air floating to miles away, led me on. I was like an elephant, who trampled through the forest, however, instead of the vast area of soil, I trudged deeper into the sweeping size of the ocean. Yearning for more of the sea, I let my hair fall naturally back with a snap of my hair tie. Raising my hands up, nearly reaching the sky, minute droplets of spray crept closer and closer to my face. In one direction, there were the high cries of children, who embraced, dearly, their dilapidated sandcastles, which were stumbled upon. The other side, however, delivered peace to my brain. Vigorous waves thundered against the rock formations, which were created from aged sand. Turquoise, still pattering against the sharp edges of rock, provided eternal happiness to me.