The Imprint You Left On Me

You’ve been gone from my touch for so long yet I can still feel every electricity filled contact we’ve ever had. You’re like a ghost with its cold spirit dancing around my warm skin. At nights when I have no more distractions to fill the holes that you have left in my brain for me to keep, I try to remember everything. And when I do I can feel it all. The roughness of your callused hands compared to my delicate ones, moving your thumb up and down soothing my angst. Your scratchy unkempt facial hair, that I loved, tickling my neck as we lie in content silence. And when I had a bad day I could count on the welcoming warmth and comfort that your strong arms gave me when they were wrapped around my small body like you were trying to protect me from all the bad in the word. That burning sensation I could feel when your eyes were on me like it was piercing through my skin, but not in a bad way. The feel of your powerful chest against the side of my head with the beautiful rhythmic thump of your golden heart that I fell for. I can remember these sensations so vividly that I feel like you’re mine for just a minute. But as soon as reality slaps me in the face I can feel the ice cold burn running through my veins that had taken over my body the day that I realized you would never be mine.