Identity Essay | Teen Ink

Identity Essay

By DanielGomez2020 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
DanielGomez2020 BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

I will always be proud of one of my qualities that helped me to understand my identity which is that I don’t care about what other people say in the way of negative comments, I always laugh when someone start saying negative things because when I look at them they are worse than me, and I always tell that people that instead of telling that kind of comments and waste their time they should be improving themselves.

Everything started in middle school like two years ago, some classmates were insulting everybody I felt disgust and abhorrence when I watched their dumb face expressions and their saliva shoot out of his mouth every time they said something stupid and bullying friends of mine stamping them against the lockers, one day they tried to bully me and they started to insult me with silly things and when they noticed that I was completely ignoring them they started to insult my mother and then my family with dumb comments and slapping my table, when they noticed that I didn’t care about it the “team” captain tried to slap me in the head that’s the moment that I decided to stop them and I standed up, I grabbed him by the shirt and lift him pushing him to the wall, and when I watched at him at the face I could see how scarred he was, and I just stopped and I told him that he had to stop molesting the others or I was going to calm him down, then by the time they became my friends and everything was cool then, they stopped bullying my friends and everyone accepted their apologies.

I learned too many things from that day, first of all you never have to depress of what other people say, you have to learn about what they say because if they molest you with something that means that you are doing well, another example is that you never have to let other people  have control of you, you have to be autosufficient and take care of yourself because nobody else is going to.

I wrote this essay based in a crusial event of my life.