Mistake | Teen Ink

Mistake

My name is Darnasia and I'm 17 years old. I am a senior in high school, and I will be graduating in June of 2018. My hobbies are watching tv, spending quality time with my friends and family, and dining at the finest restaurants. I am a former cheerleader and I danced when I was younger. I  also played basketball in middle school. When I was younger I did a lot of activities because of the type of family I had. Highschool was always a challenge for me and im not talking work wise, because when i start high school i felt like nobody couldnt tell me anything. I could've did so much better in high school I regret it but I have a new mindset and im trying to make my mama proud of me. I have set goals for myself to achieve and i will do so.

I will be the first person in our family to go to college. My plans to get my family out the hood i want my mama to live comfortablely i want a lot of things in life that i know i will have to work for myself. A year before my freshman year my mama had got a liver translat and i was only 14 with a lot of pressure on me because i was all my mama had at the time. It was hard to take care of a sick parent and do hw , so i just didnt do it i was just not doing none of my work. I can say i was really not trying at school cause my teacher would help me with my work and say " you already had". Life was hard my highschool years because everything changed on me. I wasn't use to living like that my life was never hard my mother was all i had and she did everything for me she was my father and mother all in one. In my freshman year i got kicked out of school, i knew i was hurting my mother more than she was already hurting and then i came my current school to get back on track but that wasnt working. I can honestly say my 11 grade year was the year i matured and got myself together. I want to graduate early so i can make my mother proud, i wish i could go back to change some things.

That i'ts okay to make mistakes and come back from them.