Broken Leg | Teen Ink

Broken Leg

By Chino_16._ BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Chino_16._ BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

It was back then when i had joined the school’s soccer team…. My day started good at first, i was pumped for the game, yet at the same time i wasn’t because i felt that something was going to happen. I kept telling myself,  “keep it together Angel, think positive.” Then my friend came over to where i was at and asked me,  “Chino are you okay?” (Chino is my nickname he came up with for me). I responded, “yes i’m fine, what about you?” Then my friend said, “I’m a little mad because this one teacher said I did not turn in my homework when I actually did turn it in.” So me being me i started to laugh and said, “Thank you for making me laugh bro.” He smiled and started getting ready for our game.

We got to the soccer field and my friend and I got the chills, because it was our first game of the year. My friend and I went on the field and started warming up and practicing. We heard our coach call everyone for a quick meeting, so we went over to hear what the coach had to say and after that we went to our positions because the game was about to start. We played, I was a striker and my friend was a defender. But little did i know that it would be my first and last game of the year…. It was the second quarter of the game, everything was going perfectly fine, smoothly as planned but a player from the rival team had other plans. Then i hit the ground hard but in my head i thought that he tripped me, but that was not the case.

All of everyone started running to where i was at, they kept telling me, “ Angel stay awake don't close your eyes, everything will be alright.” Then my friend called an ambulance. Moments later I was on an ambulance on my way to the hospital, so on the way there i passed out. Then i woke up again and i was in a hospital bed, my whole family was there, i saw my mom crying but the the doctor came in the room and said, “i have bad news that you might have never heard before” and he had his hands on a folder with what i seem to look like x-rays. The whole room was quiet, the mood did not feel right, so the Doctor said, “well Angel here go the news you might not like, but uhhh… you broke your right leg.” But i was not faced by it because i was on anesthesia.

A few weeks passed after the incident and I was released from the hospital and was able to go home and to start going to school. I went to school and people looked at me weird. People asked me, “what happened to you man?” and i got annoyed by that question that i got asked over and over again, then the school day ended and i went home to relax for the rest of the day.