Pets Live for a Reason | Teen Ink

Pets Live for a Reason

A pet could increase the quality of your life just by being around. My dog’s name is Levi, he is a black lab and a jack russell mix. The first time I saw my dog was after my Mom came home from driving to an Amish farm to buy him. As soon as he came in the door, he started running around everywhere; he was the craziest puppy ever. After he ran for 20-30 straight minutes he decided to sit next to me, and me being an 8 year old, I was pretty happy. 

Throughout the first 7 years we have had him he has been a very good dog. He started getting more white hair than normal, but that is natural for a dog that`s getting older. He gets tired more often and likes to take breaks. He never really lost his energy, and he runs around like a lunatic. One time last year he ran away but we found him around 10 minutes later.

He is now 7 years old now and he is starting to grow grey hair, but he is still happy. He still has lots of energy and he still runs around like a lunatic. I'm just satisfied he is still happy and healthy. I believe that a pet could make you happier everyday and increase the quality of your life.