Keys to My Heart | Teen Ink

Keys to My Heart

October 10, 2017
By mathewbr13 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
mathewbr13 BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you have something that represents your freedom entirely? I do and it’s crazy how such a small object can change a person’s life in an instant. My car keys are my destination to being peaceful and free. The freedom is amazing, follow rules and be a good kid and I can go pretty much wherever I want. If you're hungry and want to go get some subway you don’t have to ask your parents you can drive yourself.

 

Going back to all the times of waiting to be picked up from football and being the last one there. Waiting never seemed so long and all I wanted to do was turn 16 and get a car. Times have changed and let me tell you they’re much better now. School isn’t the greatest but being able to drive myself there and back is one of the best things ever. I’m no longer the kid waiting for thirty minutes, I can go home when I actually want. This might not seem to important but to me it’s one of the best things ever.

 

I was so hungry, my stomach was aching. My cupboard could be compared to a ghost town with no food. Then a thought popped up in my head. I have keys and I have my license. I can drive myself  to go get food. At the time I was so happy and the fact of going out and being able to get Chick Fil A, Chipotle, or Subway with no problem at all was amazing. This truly made me feel grateful to have my keys and car. It was truly a blessing.

 

My friend who doesn’t have a car yet. I was on my way to the football game and he dying for a ride. His parents weren’t home and nobody could take him. He then remembered that I have a car and he asked me to take him. I agreed and it really made me think how wonderful it is to have my keys and a car. In my perspective I knew how bad it is not having your license so I will basically always be willing to take people places and drop them off. This whole situation really taught me it’s a privilege to be where I am.