Mama's Story | Teen Ink

Mama's Story

September 22, 2017
By jullian BRONZE, Farminton, New Hampshire
jullian BRONZE, Farminton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was at my grandmother's funeral . The day wasn't to bright or too dark. It was raining. It almost looked like the weather knew how I felt, sad and depressed. I was with my family and my grandfather’s side of the family. We were all crying, even people that I have never seen before, but somehow they knew my gran grandmother. It made me feel like my grandmother was a good person and that made me so happy that so many people knew her . When I turned to my right I saw my grandfather When I first listened to the song “When I See You Agaiwas crying. I have never seen my grandfather crying. It was weird and sad, I couldn’t help him. I sat down next to him and started crying with him.


A couple minutes after that it was time to bury my grandmother. I was so sad that I didn't want to hear anyone or see anyone and I put my headphones on and started listening to the song.When I first listened to the song, that part when it says “I'll tell you all about it when I see you again”  made me think that when I die I'll be with her and I'll talk to her about everything that happened to me when I was alive.


That part when it says “it's been a long day without  you my friend”  I thought  to myself that it's true because it felt like the day didn't want to end. I was was with my grandfather the whole day and also with my family. It was more quiet than normal.


“ I’ll be standing right here talking to you” that part makes me feel like I'm never alone. Like if I'm feeling depressed or I'm not having a good day. She is the only person that listens to me and the only person that I can let out my feelings to. The good ones and the bads one too.


That was the first time that I listened to that song. Now when I listen to that song I think about my  grandmother that is resting in peace.  Now whenever I hear the song or the quotes ,I just feel like she’s around watching me and that I'll never be alone.