The Ultimate Car Ride | Teen Ink

The Ultimate Car Ride

By KofiYeboah BRONZE, Farmington , New Hampshire
KofiYeboah BRONZE, Farmington , New Hampshire

This song is the one you  would listen to before a big game. It the song that you would listen to when you have won a championship. It is  the one that you would listen to when you become a legend. This song is major hit it’s called “Legend” by Drake and one of his best songs. It's the song that will make you feel like you are on top.

The first time that I heard this song was in the car with my family on our way to Canobie Lake Park in Salem,NH. Canobie is one of our favorite  amusement parks. We were in my mom’s blue van and my dad was driving. My mom was in the passenger's seat. My brothers were in the back seats with me. My little brothers names are Jordan and Preston. Preston was 4 and Jordan was 8 and I was 10.  It was a long car ride it took us an hour and a half to get there because we had to stop for food at papa gino's. Even though the ride was long it still was fun.

I think this  car ride was one of the times we actually didn’t fight. We were all busy singing the song. We all related to the song because it represents being a legend and that’s what we want to be when we get older. Usually one of the lines that made us feel on top was, “Oh my God, oh my God, if I die I’m a legend.”  It’s  just one of the lines that made us think we were the best. We always compete with one another so we would say, you’re not the best, I’m the best.

Ever since I heard the song, “Legend” on our way up from Canobie Lake Park I have listened to it for almost all of my sports games. It motivates me to be the best, makes me want to push myself to be better than everyone else and also to push myself to the limit. Whenever I put the song  on, I put my headphones in and I feel like I’m in the zone. During the bus ride I blast it on my headphones zoning everyone out ,”When I pull up on a n****, Tell that n**** back back,I'm too good with these words,Watch a n**** backtrack” the lyrics make it seem that I’m on the top making my opponent feel like they can’t stop me.

This song has got me through a lot. It’s gotten me through my shooting slump. When I started missing every shot, I then put on the song not worrying about anyone else and working on my fundamentals . It also gives me motivation. By hearing “Legend” motivates me to want to become one and make my family proud.  This song has made me feel like I am a legend in my own way, “If I die, all I know is that I’m a m************ Legend.” It represents how  I see myself and how I think others see me. Now  that me and my brothers have listened to this song for a long time it has improved our game inspiring us to become legends.