Concert to Remember | Teen Ink

Concert to Remember

September 12, 2017
By jermisha BRONZE, Grand Prairie , Texas
jermisha BRONZE, Grand Prairie , Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The time I went to a Shawn Mendes concert. It was the middle of the night I couldn’t sleep at all. All that was in my head was the fact that I could probably go to his concert ,but I didn’t know if I was going to go The since I still haven’t purchased the tickets for the concert. I didn’t even know if there were still any tickets available all I knew was that I wanted to go.

I woke up from a fifteen minute nap since that’s all I could get for sleep. It was around six am when I woke up from my nap I straight up just called my dad I didn’t even bother thinking about what time it was since I could have woken him up. He actually ended up answering the phone to my surprise, we talked about the concert and tickets.  Finally he gave in and was ok with me getting the tickets. There wasn’t many tickets left so I quickly snatched 2 of those tickets.

Once I had gotten the tickets I still couldn’t sleep I was to excited for the concert. I have been waiting for this to happen since 2013. How was I supposed to not be excited for this. I waited hours until I thought that I should get ready for this concert. I really didn’t know what to wear since I didn’t really think I was going to see him. I didn’t have anything planned out.

I was ready to go I waited for my dad to pick me up. He drove to the venue were the concert was going to be held at and waited in line for two hours my dad wasn’t very happy about that since it was the middle of summer and it was burning hot outside. I made friends with this girl in line named Emily. Soon enough finally the doors opened. I got in and I lost Emily that was the last I saw of her. Soon enough I got in line for the merch I also kind of lost my dad in the process of getting in line. He soon found me while waiting in line I made friends with two girls I don’t remember their names since I never bothered asking what their names are . after I was done in the line that was the last I saw of them. I went to go find my seat since the concert was about to start. Once I sat down in my seat there were two girls sitting next to my seat. I introduced myself to them. There were two other girls that were sitting in front of us we started to talk to them they got to meet Shawn. While in mid conversation they both offered there signed they also gave us their VIP lanyards and much more.  Soon enough Shawn came on stage and I started to cry uncontrollably while he was singing.