Goodbye Uncle Scott | Teen Ink

Goodbye Uncle Scott

March 14, 2017
By bowsh21 BRONZE, Cisco, Illinois
bowsh21 BRONZE, Cisco, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Letters to loved ones-dead or alive- always make me cry. They do that because whether or not it's a good one or bad, they are full of memories and inside jokes. I dedicate this letter to my Uncle Scott who like many others, lost his life too early.

Uncle Scott,

I will always remember you as my uncle who would swing me around in "arm swings" or as "The Three Stooges" when combined with my dad and grandpa. I'd never think for a moment that I would lose you before I graduated, but I know that you'll be there, clapping and yelling loudly when I do.

I had so many things to tell you, but didn't have time. As I look back on the times I was with you, I should've treated those moments cautiously and preciously. I can't even remember the last time that I'd saw you laughing, being happy or just talking to me, and I'm so sorry that I couldn't of spent more time with you in the past couple of years, and for that I want to say that I love you so much.

There will still be birthdays and Christmases and Labor Days, and they will never be the same without you. But, I know that you'll be there from dusk till dawn, holding a drink in one hand and laughing with everyone, even if you didn't know them.

I feel so guilty that I didn't get to see you to tell all of these things, some of which I shouldn't of had to say, so I'll say them now. I love you so much and for the days that come, I will never ever think for a moment that you won't be there, guiding me along the way. So, as I used to say "cohm ohn!" I'll see you again.


The author's comments:

I lost my uncle/godfather a few weeks ago and I thought a trubune to him would be great.