Gotta Catch Em All | Teen Ink

Gotta Catch Em All

December 14, 2016
By AsianThunder SILVER, Rolla, Missouri
AsianThunder SILVER, Rolla, Missouri
8 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." - Margaret Mead


“What did you get from the tooth fairy, Landon?” Mrs. Whitefield asked, looking up from Paddington.

“I got ten dollars for my front tooth!” exclaimed Landon, standing up from sitting on the floor with the class.
“That’s great, Landon. Did anyone else get anything from the tooth fairy?” asked Mrs. Whitefield.


“I got this from the tooth fairy!” I exclaimed from my desk, taking out a fifty dollar bill from my backpack. I thought I was being funny.


“What do you have there, Victor?” asked Mrs. Braidlow, walking over to me.


“It’s the money I got from the tooth fairy,” I told her, growing nervous.


The day before, I had walked into the gym and soon my friends gathered in a group. I wondered what they were doing. When I got to the group, I saw they were selling and trading Pokémon Cards. I made a deal with Haley. I would sell fifty cards for fifty dollars.


When I got home, I gathered up fifty random cards and tie them together with rubber bands to take to school the next day.  Throughout the night I kept on thinking of selling the cards to Haley. I could barely sleep because I was so excited.


The next morning, I took out the stack of cards. When I brought them to Haley, she gives me a fifty dollar bill. I stuck it into my backpack as we started prayers and the pledge if allegiance. The whole day, I was excited. I thought of all the things I could use the money for. I could buy more Pokémon cards or a new toy. The fifty dollar bill seemed like a fortune.


Back to when I got caught, Mrs. Whitefield asked me who I got the money from. I lied at first but eventually I confessed that I sold Pokémon cards with Haley. I was worried of what would happen to me since I was in a lot of trouble. I was punished with lunch buddies and I was grounded by my parents. I stopped trading and playing Pokémon.


Now when I look back, I realize that it wasn’t that bad, and it was pretty funny. But throughout the whole second grade year, I thought the incident ruined my life. Because my mom told me the things you do now affect your life later.


Now I see that it may not affect your life directly, but you learn from your mistakes. I learned not to sell Pokémon cards in school and to not lie.