It’s the End | Teen Ink

It’s the End

By germanboy123 BRONZE, Rolla, Missouri
germanboy123 BRONZE, Rolla, Missouri

“Johannes are you talking?”
I quickly respond thinking that if I say the wrong answer then I could avoid the consequence, even though I was talking.
  “No.”  
“You have lunch buddies!”  Then I start to cry the salty tears trickle into my mouth.

Later that day its time to go home I worry to go through what is about to happen. While I was walking to the car I am scared out of my mind wondering what will happen at home. What will mom say? I open the car door and see mom and say trying to act as casual as possible. Mom asks how school was my sister says good and I can taste “Hey mom”

The dryness in my throat as I say “good, too”
“Learn any thing new?” mom asks
“No nothing exciting.”

Once we get home. The guilt and anxiety kills me. Wondering what my friends are going to think about me, am I going to get in trouble at home. Will it affect the ways the teacher look at me as a student, will they treat me different. Will I go to jail, it’. What will happen if my mom finds out? I feel nauseas the butterflies in my stomach.
  I will tell mom right before I go to bed so then I have an excuse to get out of sight.

I walk downstairs to her craft room. My throat feels dry. I look at the clock five minutes till 8:30 pm then I walk up to my mom and start to cry. The same six words keep going though my head what will mom think of me. Mom gets up and calms me down.

“What’s wrong Johannes?” She says

Trying to breathe and calm down and talk at the same time.

“I got in lunch buddies. I didn’t know how to tell you or what was going to happen. I thought the end of my school career”

Trying catch my breath I blurt out “its ok just never do it ever again its ok just learn from your mistakes”
The next morning I go to Mrs. Luechtenfeld class and go through my morning classes then it’s lunch time my hand start to become sweaty the butterfly grow larger and larger I think I am going to puke. My walking pace gets slower and slower my legs feel heavier and heavier.  My throat feels like it’s in my stomach I sit down at the table and then about five minutes in Deacon calls me over and he says

“So what did you do? “
Going though my head what am I supposed to say.
“When you are told not to talk you listen” Deacon said.

I remember of last night, telling mom and then I start to cry.  The butterflies grow larger and larger every word Deacon says.

Deacon says “Is this your first time in lunch buddies.”
“Yes”
Later that day mom says” so what happened”
“It was terrifying Deacon told me to never do it again”
Then next day mom goes to Mrs. Luechtenfeld
“So why did you put Johannes in lunch buddies”
I put him in lunch buddies for lying not for talking.

Now I think back and she was right because I did lie about talking that I should never do that.