My Apple Tree | Teen Ink

My Apple Tree

By Allie620 BRONZE, Huntley, Montana
Allie620 BRONZE, Huntley, Montana

I remember some good memories. Running down the spiral staircase to ask my dad where my mom was. Going out onto the wooden deck that wrapped around the house in my underwear when I was really little. Then realizing that I forgot to put pants on. That was okay back then. There was no one for miles. I remember eating hot pockets for dinner with my dad. Sitting there at the dining room table that could fit 8 people but was always only used for 2. I remember the giant plant that grew up the side of the house, and the year my cat had kittens in it. I remember the apple tree.The only living thing in that huge garden. Always checking to see if it had produced something.

But all of this came after the worst memory I have of that house. I remember my mom being the most upset I had ever seen her. I don't remember how, but suddenly I was in the car. I remember looking out the back window to see my dad. I remember the feeling I had, that even though I was too young to know what was going on, I knew it would change everything

After that the garden died, the food we ate became hot pockets, and the table that always only held two, sometimes only one. I remember my mom and all of the other houses that seemed to be always changing, but my house with the apple tree always remained. Until that day.When the mortgage payments got too high, and the money too low. then I remember staying with grandma.

This all happened when I was young and it is about my parents divorce