Remember Thy Mother | Teen Ink

Remember Thy Mother

By KeishaDawn BRONZE, McConnelsburg, Pennsylvania
KeishaDawn BRONZE, McConnelsburg, Pennsylvania

The stench of death was in the air. The worst image I could have of what’s left, pains you to see. As your eyes fill with tears, I still fight your way past to help. I try to do what I can, but it was far too late. She was gone.
As I sit there and cry about all the things that I could have done, what went wrong, or what could have possibly happened to make this travesty appear. I start to remember the lightness about her.

She could make all my problems disappear with a batter of her eyelashes. She would make all my pain subside with one touch to your skin. But I still can’t help but to think; “Why would you leave me?”

As I go on in life without her by my side, I learn to take care of things myself. She helped me at first but then it became my turn to spread my wings and to start in any direction of my choosing. She only wants the best for her child, be sure to make the choices she would be proud of.

As I respect her wishes, without a good-bye moment from you to her. I need to remember your mother, and remember all the greatful moments I had with her because, in the back of my mind I know she won’t be with me forever. Remember.

This is an emotional piece for me to write. My mother pasted away and event I was describing was the year I have went through without her. I have lost both of my parents and loseing her was hard because just then I had to learn how to function on my own. 

on Nov. 22 2016 at 1:28 pm
EmeraldPerry BRONZE, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
So sorry for your loss, I really hope that you can feel better.