A Baby Touched by Death | Teen Ink

A Baby Touched by Death

By Thevoice654321 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Thevoice654321 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

As I learned about how my father saved my life, my heart exploded with the warmest feeling like a volcano erupting and the hot flow of lava running into the ground; that feeling was love. It was a cool fall night, the date was October, 16 2002 and my mother had an unexpected visitor. Why whom might that be you ask? For it was me. I was ready to take my first breath into the new bright and promising world. But would that breath be taken away from me?

My mother rushed to the hospital flabbergasted by giving life to a second baby. But little did she know that I would be a problem child, that I would cost her lots of money. She didn’t know that I she would have to pay for five surgeries and multiple trips to the doctor. But at last she would still love me and never give me up for all the money in the world. As my parents dropped off my two year old sister at her friend's house, my mom was rushed to the hospital. As she reached the brick building, the air cold and windy from the fall rotation, she was taken away by doctors on a medical bed.

My birthing was not as painful as my sisters. I was a fairly plump baby with beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair. But seconds later, my faced turned as blue as a blueberry. I had choked on amniotic fluid. There was a tunnel covering the light of the joyous occasion of life. I saw my life fading away. I also saw a strange, dark man.
This man was a cloaked figure with with the darkest cape you'd have ever seen. There were tears in the bottom of his cloak. The fingers of a skeleton. He carried a weird speared shape object. You could see the darkness that came to his presence. He said nothing and took a couple of steps toward me and placed his finger upon my chest. He was robbing my soul, my new soul. My eyes started to close WHEN…

I saw another man. I recognized his voice because I heard it from my womb. It was more masculine than my mothers. It was my dad. He placed two fingers upon me and resuscitated me. The amniotic fluid flew out my mouth. The cloaked figure disappeared.

As I think today, “What did the nurses try to do to save my life?” Why was my dad the only one that rushed into action to save a dying future of the world? The questions that I have pondered on for all these years. But at least I was safe now in the loving arms of a loving family.

My father saved me that day with all the love that he could give me. I knew that day when my dad had told me the story of that fateful day that he loved me and would do anything for me to make sure that I am fine and well. But that wasn't the last time I saw the cloaked figure. Remember love your parents and you will be saved from the darkness and bleakness of death.

Today I am 13 years old, almost 14. I am still alive, but I am still dying. I have had hearing loss, over productive nasal passages, and I am going on to my 5th surgery repairing a hole in my eardrum. But what keeps me going is the everlasting love and bond that my family shares. They have supported me through the bumpy ride of life. Love with all your heart and people will do the same.

This is about me almost dieing at birth.