Family | Teen Ink

Family

It was a warm summer night during my trip to Tennessee. My Aunt and Uncle asked if I wanted to go to Kentucky to see my cousins and other family, I naturally said yes. It was about a 2 hour drive there so I got really bored. On the way there I was talking about all the times that I have drove in Michigan and what types of vehicles I have drove, they were intrigued. At this point we are just getting to Glasgow Kentucky where my other family lives. Once we arrived at my cousin's house she asked what we were going to do for dinner and everyone agreed to go eat at this small restaurant called Freddy’s. We all tried to pile in one car but we all would not fit, so my cousin asked if I wanted to drive her car, when she asked if I wanted to drive I grinned from ear to ear. Navigating through the Kentucky back roads at night is not easy but I managed. She had to tell me when to turn but I had a general sense of direction. I thought to myself that no other night would compare this because I don’t get to see her that often. Even though we don't see each other that often we still talk by texting and calling.

Taking trips to see family and having a strong connection