All Bundled Up | Teen Ink

All Bundled Up

October 1, 2016
By juliette_183 BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island
juliette_183 BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

It was a cold snowy Canada day. I was bundled in layers of clothes that would prepare me for the frosty air. I was jumping in excitement ready to hop in the sled. My father had hooked up our bright red sled to our big and dirty ATV. My cousins were not as thrilled as I was, because they are older than me. I was tucked in the middle between my two cousins. It was naturally a 2-person sled so it was a tight squeeze. With our puffy gear it was impossible to stay right side up. We were heading up the hill on my dads farm. The ground was extremely frozen and hard. Rocks and hard frozen dirt were laying underneath the blanket of ice. When we reached the top my dad took a narrow turn and the sled swung me and my cousins off. We all flew out and landed on the frozen ground. Then I just remember landing on the ground and my face scraping across the ice. It went silent and the only thing we heard were the sharp sounds of the wind. After I hit the ground I realized my cousins had landed on top of me. I shoved them of me and they hopped up. As I stood up they all gasped at me. I was very confused why they were looking at me so oddly. When I went to rub my eye I realized I had cut my self. At the moment I didn’t know how bad it actually was. My dad stuck me onto the ATV and reassured me and said"dont worry it’s just a little scratch". My cousins hopped in the back and my dad raced back to the house. The frostbite was horrible. It felt like tiny bees were stinging me constantly. As we were pulling up to the house my mom comes outside screaming. I’m still so confused, because my face had gone numb and I couldn’t feel the pain. My mom takes me inside and runs me into the kitchen. The right side of my face was gushing blood. I had cut right under my eyelid and on my cheekbone. I freaked out and had to put a wet paper towel over my eye for 10 hours. It was a long drive back home. That same day my sister was at a BROWN hockey game and got hit by the puck and had to get stitches. It was a very eventful day. The next day I went to the doctors and was told there were no brain fractures. I had just badly bruised my cheek.  My upper cheek was black and blue for 2 weeks. I guess I just wasn’t cut out for sledding.


The author's comments:

I love writing stories and past expierences. I have a had a ery eventfull life for the time  have been living.