Set & Chase Your Goals! | Teen Ink

Set & Chase Your Goals!

By TouchBandzMarko BRONZE, Sacramento, California
TouchBandzMarko BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"You hear certain things, negative things, all the time that aren't true, but never hear about the positive."

Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather famously said, “ you hear certain things, negative things, all the time that aren’t true, but you never hear about the positive.” My name is Jamarko, and I am a freshmen  in high school. I have two younger sisters & one older brother. I am from Vallejo California, but I just recently moved to Sacramento last year in 2015. Football is my life & it motivates push hard for what I want. It also keeps me active. Video games is what I play when I am bored. My favorite holidays are Christmas & my birthday. In the future, I want a 745 L.I BMW. I am a hard-working, educated & competitive person.

Video games are what I play when I am bored & have nothing to do. I cannot sit inside the house & play games all day because I will get sick of it. I only play sports games whenever I do play the game. The main games I love to play are Madden & 2K. For some reason, I don’t find any other games interesting besides boxing & UFC, other than Madden & 2K. I feel bad for anyone who sits in their house all day because they’re plenty of things you can do other than that. You can go outside & experience new things. You can also connect with friends & family & enjoy yourselves.

My favorite holidays are Christmas & my birthday because you can join together with your family & just have a chill day. On Christmas, I join together with plenty of family members & just chill. We would eat & open presents as usual & we would sometimes go somewhere towards the end of the day. I don’t really ask for too much on Christmas but money & that is what I receive. I love to be around my family on those holidays. Sometimes we would go to a park & get a big football game when we are doing what we need to do. We would see if other people would want to play with us but if not, we would just play with who we have already.

Football is my favorite sport in the world. I have been playing football for five years straight & every year I loved it because I come together with new people I have never met. I love football with a passion because of the hard work & dangerous contact & running around just having fun on the field. Patrick Willis & Ray Lewis are my idols because I think they work the hardest o defense to cover the middle to stop the ball from moving up the field. I am a diehard 49ers fan & I will never switch up on my team. I hope to get drafted to the NFL in the future. In the future, I want to own my own house out of California. Also, I hope to become a professional football player or boxer. I want to move out of California because I want to experience new places outside the country that I have never been to before. I would love to move to Miami, Florida even though I’ve been there before. I would love to move there because they’re lots of activities to do out there. I would love to [play football or do boxing because it will motivate me to stay active & it will keep me in shape. I really hope my dreams for the future come true.

I am hard-working, athletic, & always ready to play my way to success. Video games are something I do only when I am bored & have nothing to do. Christmas & my birthday are my favorite holidays because I can join together with my family. Football is my life because I love the contact & hard work that the sport applies. In the future, I want to move out of California because I want to experience new activities I havent seen or done before. My name is Jamarko, & I am a freshman in high school.

What inspired me to write this was to let everyone know something about me.