The New Girl, My Best Friend | Teen Ink

The New Girl, My Best Friend

May 19, 2016
By mariq BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
mariq BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I perfectly remember the first day of 7th  grade, in Mexico.  I  was dressed in black denim jeans and  a pink shirt. I  was nervous because this was a new step in my life, but not too much because most of the students that were about to go to this school were with me in my elementary school. When I arrived to the classroom, the room was completely different from my elementary classroom. This room had 5 walls, and the chairs were in different directions. My friends were already inside, but I did not know where to sit because the only remaining places were far from where they were. I chose a chair where nobody was near, I left my bag on the chair, then I went to where my friends were to greet them, because during the summer break I couldn't see them,  and we had a lot of things to talk about.


During the first week I sat in the same chair.  Time passed slowly, and I felt like my friends and I were growing apart slowly, because a new classmate entered the room . For my friends it was easy to have more friends, but for me it was the hardest thing in the world. The next Monday, a new girl called Samaria arrived, she had on a black t-shirt, she was  short, with curly brown hair, her skin was  light brown, and she had beautiful  eyes like  the color of honey. She was a person who looked serious and shy, but really she was  very funny person, enthusiastic, and always happy.


Samaria came from  another state in Mexico, Guadalajara. A few days before we   started the new class, I  saw her, because her grandmother lived near  my house, and when she would visit, Samaria was sometimes outside,  playing with her brothers. Really  I didn’t believe that this girl was in my class, because she looked like she was younger . We never tried to talk to one another.


After a month, I  tried to make new friends, and I started talking with another girl named Reyna along with my best friend at the elementary school,Jaqueline. We three always had the best time and the best circle of friends. We were always together during lunch and at the end of class, we would go to the center of the town and spend 1-2 hours talking about ourselves and chilling.


During these three years in this school, I was gaining more and more friends, and each time the circle was growing, but not with real friends. After a month Jaqueline was not my friend. We  had a problem because she was talking bad about me to Reyna. It was not a big problem, but when she started having problems with my other friends, the group was divided. We lost trust and we hardly talked to one another.


The next year I started talking more and more with Samaria, and gradually she became my best friend. I do not know if it was coincidence, but first she was living in the home of her grandmother, which was very close, but then she moved to another house, by the decision of her parents. After two months I moved to a house in front of her. This was the best for us , because we could see and talk  all the time. Even in the morning we walked together to the school, and in the afternoon the same, we did homework together. Also in the evenings we were going to a chorus. We  sang not perfectly, but at least we had fun.


We were doing many more things together. During the next three years we were the best friends, until I moved to Texas. We lost communication, but even  I consider she  my best friend. We  lived moments that were really nice, and we shared many of our likes. More than that, Samaria for me is like a sister.


The author's comments:

i wrote this article because she is one person very important for my.