Chocolate Meltdown | Teen Ink

Chocolate Meltdown

By Bhavesh BRONZE, Falls Church, Virginia
Bhavesh BRONZE, Falls Church, Virginia

It was a cold Saturday afternoon, when I had just arrived from a half-day of school. My parents were away to a wedding, and my grandparents were meeting their old friends. Soon after I went out to play, it started to rain. When a poster flew past me, I jumped to get a hold of the flying poster to see what  was written on it. There it was in big bold letters; “Cadbury Factory Has Now Been Reopened For All People Except Kids Younger than Five.” Good thing I had just turned five!

I walked to the Cadbury factory and filed in with the crowd of people who wanted a tour. Because I would get one thousand Cadbury chocolates if I visited the factory 100 times, and I only needed one more time, I stood in line. This offer was made by the owner of the company to persuade people to buy Cadburys. Inside the factory at the first station, I saw the new machinery and it made we wonder what I can make with this technology. The rest of the group left to go on to the next station with the tour guide.

Boom! I fell down from the metal platform into a machine. ”Help me!” I screamed. I splashed into the water and tried to not drown and was looking for something to hold on. Then, I saw a pole and went to get a hold of the pole.

After that, another guide came to see what happened. He asked,”Are you okay?”

I replied, sarcastically,”Yeah, I’m totally okay. What do you think?”

The tour guide beamed back, ”Oh! You are okay. I will go get the manager.”

Then, as he started to leave, I shouted, ”What? Please don’t leave me, I need help getting out of this place!”
After five to ten minutes, the manager and the partly deaf tour guide brought the firefighters with them to help me get out of the machine.

After that, the manager said.” I am really sorry! We will fix this platform later on, for tourists coming later.”
    After that, he gave me a towel to dry myself up and I asked him for the 100 Cadbury chocolates.
    The manager replied,” You didn’t finish the tour, and the tours are cancelled until we fix this platform.”

Out of nowhere, the partly deaf tour guide responded to the response,” What? The poor boy should get his Cadbury’s. If we replaced the platform, then this wouldn’t have happened. Then, the kid would have got his 100 chocolates.” I took my chocolates and went home to rest.

This is a piece when I fell into the Cadbury Factory