Things That Disturb Me | Teen Ink

Things That Disturb Me

By aj732 BRONZE, Fruitport, Michigan
aj732 BRONZE, Fruitport, Michigan

What are your pet peeves? Have you ever had something that annoyed you so much that you were disturbed? I certainly have experienced that feeling inside. Here are just a few things that are disturbing to me.

The first thing that disturbs me is the fact that people lie so much. There is no reason why you have to lie, because all it is going to do is get you into more trouble than you would have been originally. It may cause people to not trust you anymore if you keep telling lies. It just is disturbing to me because it should not come to people lying to each other. Lying can split people up because if they do not know the whole truth then it might end up bad later. An end of a long time friendship and people will end up just not trusting you. Plus most of the time people can tell if a person is lying. For me I laugh if I lie. I love this because I can not lie at all without people knowing that I am. God even says in the Ten Commandments “ Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor” If this does not convince you that lying is disturbing then I do not know what will.

Second, I get disturbed when people make fun of disabled people. This is very wrong to do to another human being. They may seem to have issues in general but they are people too. I think the reason why people make fun of disabled people is because they think that person is different from everyone else and should not be treated the same way. There is also a hint of not knowing what that certain disorder is or how it affects that person. The society that we live in treats the disabled people like babies and also like animals. I have seen so many cases of disabled people saying that they hate the fact that they are treated like babies and or animals. There is no need to think that disabled people are any different from us, the only thing that is different is either their motor movements or their speech. There is no need to make fun of people just because they are slightly different than average people. The reason why I find this so disturbing is because disabled people already have a challenge everyday to face they do not need one more thing to bring them down even more. If you see a disabled person somewhere do not put them down, try to help them and ask if they need anything.

Third, to go with bullying disabled people in general bullying disturbs me alot. There is no need to bully someone, what do you gain if you do? Just tell me one reason why bullying is good. Have a loss for words? It is because bullying in general is not good. One of the reasons of why people bully is because they may not have a good home life. Or they might like that person but that is not the way to get someone to like you, right? They also just might not have anything better to do in there life. Did you know that 4,400 deaths each year are caused by bullying. Over 14% of students have thought of committing suicide. 7% have actually attempted to commit it. For every suicide among young people there are at least 100 suicide attempts. This is the third leading cause of death in young people. This is very disturbing to hear. I know that bullying was bad but not this bad. The next time you either bully a person or behind the back just think of how many people die each year because of it. You may think that it is fun but it is not fun for that person, and if that person one day committed suicide then you would have that on your conscience for the rest of your life. 

Thus, these subjects of people lying, bullying disabled people, and just bullying in general are disturbing but very important in learning about it so you can save some lives and friendships. People need to learn that life is not just about them. They are on this earth with other people and they need to treat them right. If we can do this, then I would be less disturbed and the world would be a better place. Take the initiative and treat people right and with respect!