The Encyclopedia of My Life | Teen Ink

The Encyclopedia of My Life

By oneilco BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
oneilco BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan

Bob Evans - the best place to get breakfast. It also happens to be the place where I found out my brother was being born. I was so excited to be a big brother and see him back then. Now, I might care a little more about my “Farmer’s Breakfast”.

Breakfast Smell - one of the greatest things in waking up on a Saturday morning to smell of a full breakfast cooking; pancakes or waffles, bacon, sausage, and eggs. This is a smell that makes you want to wake up no matter what time.

Brothers - one of their most important jobs is to annoy you as much as possible. Older, middle, younger, it doesn’t matter. I really believe that if you can deal with your brother, you can handle almost anything else. Not much can match the antagonization of a brother. All of it is done out of love of course.

Camping - personally, I have never had a good experience camping. Something always goes wrong. At least for my family, camping seems to be something that sounds like a great and fun idea, but it doesn’t really turn out that way. At least until after when we can laugh about our trip.

Disney World - for some reason Disney World was never really that special to me. Maybe it was because the age I went at or how often I have gone. It just seemed like an amusement park, nothing too special. I haven’t been in a long time. Maybe my feelings have changed.

Drums - I love playing the drums. I have my own electric set and I used to play them a lot. I played them for the first time in about a year this weekend. I never realized how much I missed playing them.

Family - always come first. This the greatest thing that I have learned in life. They’re the people that no matter how upset they make you, you’ll always still love them.

Grandparents - my grandparents are two of the most influential people in my life. They have done so much for me, as well as my brother. I could never imagine my life without them. They have played such a large role for me.
Homework - no student enjoys homework. It somehow always seems to be assigned when you are the busiest too. You might have no practice and be completely free the whole night, but no homework. Then the next day you have an away game that’s an hour or two drive, and you get homework in every class. I guess that’s how it goes.
ID Camps - College soccer id camps can be some of the most annoying camps, but they are important. Every camp is almost identical in schedule, what coaches say, and what kids are their. There are always one or two kids that are really good, then everybody else, then one or two that are not good at all.

Lake Harbor Park - Being honest, I don’t have many good memories in this park. Most people will not understand why. Conditioning is to blame for how I feel about this park. Running in the sand for a few hours early in the morning in the summer is not always the most fun. However, in the end, it’s all worth it.

Magazines - Sports magazines are what I like to look at. I love SI, ESPN, or FourFourTwo. I love them not for the stories, but for the pictures. I’ll read an occasional article if it looks like it is worth reading.

Michigan - home and one of the most confusing places on Earth. It is one of the few places that will be 50 degrees, then snow for a week, then be 70 degrees a week later. The beaches make up for the weather though. It all evens out.

Money - something I never seem to have enough of. It’s also something that seems to disappear very quickly when I do have it. I really need a consistent money supply. Too bad it doesn’t grow on trees.

Music - music is very important to me and I listen to it often. It helps me focus on homework and can help me fall asleep. I also always have to have music whenever I am in the car. I also love to play the drums. Music is a big part of me.

Northern Michigan - northern michigan is in my opinion the greatest place in the state of Michigan. Traverse City and Petoskey are some of the nicest places to visit. All of the beaches and water are so clean.

Peanut Butter and Jelly - my go-to lunch throughout the school year. At least four of my five lunches each week are PB&J.  I’m really surprised I haven't gotten sick of them yet with how often I have them.

Portillo’s - a hot dog restaurant in Chicago that everyone should go to at least once in their life. My family will stop there at least once anytime we are in the Chicago area. It is easily my favorite restaurant. There is nothing like a Portillo’s hotdog, cheeseburger, and a slice of eclair cake.

Radio Stations, Pop - fun to listen to when new music comes out, but quickly turn annoying when only 15 songs are repeatedly played. So many songs, yet we only hear a few of them over and over.

Reffing - this is my “work”. It’s not really work at all. It is the easiest way possible to make money. Still as I said before, I tend to run out of money kind of quickly.

Running - most people hate running for no reason, but I like it. I love to run; there’s just something about me where I can’t be doing nothing. I have to always be doing something active. It just feels good running, knowing that you are getting in shape.

Soccer - the greatest thing to play and the most popular sport in the world. It’s the best way to clear your mind and relax. Going to a field by myself to run around and kick a ball is easily my favorite thing to do.

Summer - there is nothing better than summer, with no school and all the free time in the world. Staying up late while it’s still light out until 10. Everything is loose, free, and fun. No stress about anything; that is until mid-August.

Trampoline - a trampoline is one of the greatest things as a kid. There is nothing like feeling of flying way in the air, then crashing down however you want to land without getting hurt. My trampoline helped me dunk for the first time. It was also the place to watch the clouds. There’s nothing better than a trampoline.

Vacation - it’s been a long time since I have gone somewhere to simply relax. Everyplace I have visited is really only for soccer. My family has been able to relax, not me though. Excited for next Spring Break when I will finally get to take an actual vacation.

on May. 3 2016 at 10:01 am
LittleRedDeliriousPrince SILVER, Parma Heights, Ohio
I LOVE the way this was written! It's amazing!!