Bucket List: Travel the World | Teen Ink

Bucket List: Travel the World

April 18, 2016
By DaraD BRONZE, Norton Shores, Michigan
DaraD BRONZE, Norton Shores, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My main goal on my bucket list is to travel the world. There is so much of the world that I have yet to capture because when you’re younger you spend most of the days stressing out about school, debt, and graduating. I believe that traveling is needed and a great way to relieve stress that has accumulated from your everyday life. It’s essential to get away from your normal life and see the world before your time is up. I have a passion for seeing new places, experiencing their culture, and eating new foods.


My number one adventure to take when I’m older and with a stable income is to seek out new places that I have only seen in the magazines. I’m eager to travel the world and live stress free near the end of my life because when I look at my dad and notice that he’s still a hard working man in his fifties, it bothers me. He makes me want to be a more carefree person by the way he spends his days drowning in stress and worrying about funding his children's needs. The way my dad handles his life inspires me to not waste my life being a hardworking woman in my fifties that has yet to experience the greatness of the world around me. It’s a shame to see him work day in and day out in his office daily where he rarely spends his time freely. He only gets a break from his normal life when spring break for me rolls around, which is once a year and I’m hoping that he will having the courage to not be scared to travel the world. Life is shortly lived.


The best part about traveling to a new place are the cultures that are found there. I find it exciting and inspiring to experience a culture other than my own. To experience a new culture and invite it into my life and accept it is something that will better myself and how I impact those around me. When traveling I expect to share my culture and let other cultures be shared to me through the way other accustom themselves in their daily life. Everyone’s culture is different from my own and I see that it’s valuable to let others teach me about how they live and how they overcome obstacles.


I love food so my plan would be to eat various types of food while traveling. Eating excites me the most when thinking of traveling the world because the foods are so diverse. Food is an essential to many cultures so it would be respectful to accept all types of food and give it a try. A great way to accustom a culture is by the food they make because it comes from their land. The food made reflects the crop grown on their land and how it’s been passed on through generations. With a celebration, there’s always food, which is a great example on why I want to travel the world when I’m older. Experiencing the food and how the food came to be reflects the hard work done with the natives. Food is a the perfect way to invite people in and connect.


There’s no greater wish on my bucket list than traveling the world. Life’s too short to be cooped up in the same state working. It’s good to work hard and support yourself, but it’s essential to get out and experience the world before it’s too late. My father is a great example of someone who needs a break from his everyday life and relax because he’s fifty-three and still too busy managing his office to travel. The one positive effect traveling has on a human being is that it’s a stress reliever and it makes you appreciate life more. Everyone should have a chance to experience their own type of paradise whether it be going to Hawaii or simply visiting a new state.