Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life | Teen Ink

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life

April 18, 2016
By HaiNguyen BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
HaiNguyen BRONZE, Muskegon, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

America: I went to America to study in my freshman year of highschool. As an exchange student, things were hard for me. I struggled to communicate, but my classmates helped me a lot.


Baseball: I started to play baseball when I was in fifth grade. I hated it at first because it was a really slow-moving sport; I can not stand watching it. I began to love it when I became a starter for my baseball team; I love it when I get to play the sport.


Car: I would love to have a car; I love driving around. I took segment I of drivers training, and I enjoyed the time I drove in the car the most. I do not have a license yet, but when I do, I will get myself a car.


Dog, that run away: I used to own a dog, and I really love it. I feed him everyday, and also take him on a walk daily. One day I got home from school, my parent said that the dog ran away. I was really sad for the whole week.
I love my school; I will spend my whole high school years here. I am loving every moment in this school, and I am not ready to graduate yet. Even though there are a lot of differences between my American and my school in Vietnam, I still really enjoy it here.


Quit, don’t : I really do not appreciate people who quit because they do not get to start for a team. I think that you should still enjoy the sport no matter what happen to you. Try harder every time, and one day you might get the starting job.


Bryce Harper: I love the dude; he is a really good baseball player. He gives me a ton of inspiration on playing baseball. He was the NL MVP last year, and I have no doubt that he will win it again in the future.


SAT: I took the SAT on April 12, and I felt exhausted after the test. I do not like the fact that one test can determine your whole life; I think that a test is not accurate to show your knowledge. I still hope I get a good score though.


Viet Nam: I was born in Vietnam, and I am proud to be Vietnamese. I love the country, the street, the food,... Even though I live in the US now, I still go back to VietNam every summer.

 

Baseball coaches: I am blessed to have such wonderful coaches in my life, who helped me a lot in both baseball and life. I love their enthusiasm toward baseball, but sometimes they are just too strict. Sometimes they will get angry at the little things, but I think it because they want us to win.


Running.: I used to run a lot when I was in 7th grade. I used to wake up every day at 5, and run around the neighbourhood. But as I grow up, I recognize that I hate running more and more. I do not know how I run that long when I was in 7th grade, but I can not do that anymore. I run faster now, but not longer.


Colt World Series: Colt World Series was the biggest tournament that our national team got  to compete in. It was the world series for U16, and we played against some really good team. We lost all of our games, but we gain a lot of experiences from it. I really enjoyed it, and I hope my teammate does too.


Soccer: Soccer was my whole life in middle school. I played soccer every day for a really long time. I was a really good soccer player in my old school in Vietnam, and I was the captain for the team. For some reason, I chose to play football instead of soccer in my sophomore year. I will play soccer next year in my senior year though.
Twitter: I am not a twitter addict, but I found myself kinda lost when I do not check it. I feel like social media is becoming a way so I can know what happening around me. I do not tweet much, because I do not want people to know my life too much/


Football: I chose to play football my sophomore year, because I never played it before. I was born in Vietnam, and Vietnamese have no idea what football is. I tried the sport, and it was a great time for me. Our team ended up winning the State Champ second time in a row.


Chex Mix: I love chex mix, and I can not stop eating it. I usually go to Wesco every sunday to buy myself a few bag of Chex Mix. I know it’s bad for me to eat a lot of Chex Mix, and I am trying to limit it. I want to be a fit person, and Chex Mix will ruin my goal.


Mona Shore Baseball Team: Our baseball team played against Mona Shore baseball team yesterday, we lost 4-3. We were leading until the 6th inning when one of their players hit a 2 run homerun. We lost in the 8th innings. I was really mad about the lost, because I know we could beat them.


My family: My family is living in Vietnam right now. I have four member in my family. They are my mom, my dad, me, and my sister. I really miss them, and I can not wait til the summer, so I can go and see them.


Long Flight: As a Vietnamese exchange student, I know how tired it was for the long flight. Long flight were really bad for me, I could not sleep at all for the whole trip. The fun part was that the plane gave you movies to watch, but it did not help me much.


State Champions: I am so lucky to be a part of two State Champions teams: the football and the baseball team. I joined the football team when they won back to back champs. I got pulled up for Varsity baseball, when they won the first State Championship in the school history. I am so lucky that I was a part of both those team.
Home sick: I got homesick in my first year in the US. I was crying so much, because I miss my family. Some people thinks that they will be happy if their parent are far away from them; trust me, you will be sad. I been through it, and it was a really lonely feelings.


Scared of height: I am really scared of heights, I could not stand it. I always feel like I am gonna puke if I look outside of an skypecraper. I do not know if there is a method to fix it, but I am willing to try it. I want to look at things from a taller view.


Weightlifting: I started weightlifting in the summer of freshman year, because I need to get bigger for the football season. I was a really skinny and weak dude, but I am a lot stronger now. When I started lifting, I could not even lift the bar up, but now I can bench 215lb, which is a lot for my weight.


Lokai bracelet: Lokai bracelet have been with me for the whole baseball season, I need it to be able to perform. For some reason, I feel like I can not be the ballplayer I want to be without the bracelet. Bryce Harper wear it to play, so I wear it too.


Riptide- Vance Joy: I love this song by Vance Joy; it gave me lot of chills when I listened to it. I picked this song as my walkup song for baseball, even though it is a love song. I really like this song, and I believe that it will really help me to play baseball better.