Moving On | Teen Ink

Moving On

By trevor.dubovy BRONZE, Stoughton, Massachusetts
trevor.dubovy BRONZE, Stoughton, Massachusetts

Growing up, I listened to my mother, who tells me, Enjoy life and to keep bad thoughts out of your head. Focus on the good parts of life and move on from the bad.”  It sounds like a simple task, just forget about the bad things and focus on what is important, which is growing up to be a mature young adult. Throughout the eighteen years of growing, there has been many instances of negativity that have taught me that not everything in life will work out, but what matters is how you will respond to those moments. It is not possible to fix problems until you figure out a solution to them and move on. It is not as easy as it sounds when there are many of those problems that all happen at the same time.

During the teenage years in people’s lives is what really defines how the person will be later in life, where individuals make life changing decisions. When walking around school, it is easy to see the expressions on some people’s faces and the tone of their voice, that they were obviously hurt by something or someone. When those times come along, they must learn how to move on and just remember the good things they really have, like  friends, a nice learning environment, and family. There is a never ending list of things that people agonize over and whimper about, but the key to ending that problem is to just forget about it and move on. Life will be this way for a very long time, with problems that will last for years on end. All people need to remember is to just move on.